JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a ruger old army and a Italian repro 1860 and a cva muzzleloader and four pounds of black and a bunch of caps, I've acquired them the last couple of years and haven't shot them yet. So that's my next project, if I like the cva, then I'll get a flintlock and try that. I'm looking at a Lyman great plains flintlock 54cal. I probably should get it, just about all the other ones are out of stock.

I forgot about all of the black powder I accumulated when I was in BPCR. I still have about 8 unopened cans of Swiss and a few hundred cast boolits for my .45-70 1885 Winchester high wall. If I need something to shoot, I can have plenty of fun with it.

I think I just shoarded.

Started hoarding but then I just started shooting more.....
Yep.

I used to shoot quite a bit, and had to buy ammo for that, then I got busy, stopped shooting nearly as much, but "forgot" to change my buying habits. Now I want to burn some of that, but I don't see a near future when my available time would empty the liquor cabinet.

Still shoot carry and other calibers. Mostly pistol. More disciplined with fewer rounds. Switched to steel. Love it. Time in the woods is relaxing.

Spending more time dry firing......therapeutic given the senile, geriatric, hate filled, seditious, pervert Demo politicians nancing across the TV screen. Consider how lucky we are to have 75" TV screens......much better than those 16"- 20" Dumonts we started with.

Setting up to reload. Slowly getting there. Will not deal with the more despicable gougers.

I believe there is a strong liklihood of shortages getting worse. Dem dictators shuttering our economy have really disrupted supply chains. The shortages and pricing we're seeing now reflects delivery of order contracts placed months ago. Prices are going to have to rise to cover todays ordering costs for future replacement deliveries. All this government stimulus is simultaneously creating, growing and papering over multiple structural problems.

Last Edited:
I used to shoot a lot.
NOw I don't. I cannot afford to replace what I used to shoot.

Does that make me a hoarder?

I'll still shoot. Just less but more 7.62x39. I may have to discourage the wife, maybe you've heard of her, No hit Mary, from shooting for a bit. Just can't afford it these days.

D7C49EB4-9B6F-44B6-B34B-8BEDF705C660.jpeg
Just walk away... :)

I've been hoarding... sort of.

My practice has been to only shoot as much ammo (or less) as l can buy for a particular outing, leaving my tiny inventory alone.

As of yesterday this town is D-R-Y.

Buuuut...
Two days ago my son picked up a sweet P320 Scorpion, so that thing is enough temptation to get out there and put a dent in my stash. Lord, that gun is nice. Ugly color, but I've never handled anything like it.

Except for 22 rimfire, I am almost solely hoarding.

Occasionally I will shoot some centerfire to test a gun or ammo, but not a lot.

I have enough rimfire to last the rest of my life if I shoot about 100 rounds per month, and I have rimfire conversion slides for my SIGs, so that is good enough.

When ammo prices and availability are reasonable again, I may be shooting more centerfire.

Like most of you, I have some ammo set away that I picked up before the pandemic. I still reload, but now just .45 Colt and .38 Special. My little granddaughter helps me reload, so it's actually fun, though my eyes are peeled for any kinks in the reloading. Anyway, the other day at Sportsmans Warehouse I was reminded of the old cartoons showing people going crazy during sales at department stores. It was similar at Sportsmans Warehouse, except there were no tussles while I was there, just quick grabs with an occasional "excuse me." I even got away with a box of Federal 9mm ammo.

I used to shoot a lot.
NOw I don't. I cannot afford to replace what I used to shoot.

Does that make me a hoarder?

Maybe - maybe not.

I consider myself a hoarder because I have been buying a LOT with the intention of not shooting it, plus I have mass amounts of ammo.

If a person slows down or stops shooting because they don't want to use up a meager amount of ammo or can't get more ammo to replace what they shoot, then that is maybe more about being prudent than hoarding?

I am definitely hoarding. Picked up a new cartridge (10mm auto), pistol and ammo, for a great deal a few months ago. :D Now I have something new to look for, and should maybe consider selling a cartridge that really is just a hype - 357 SIG. :(
I will shoot some bolt rifles that I have a great deal of stock in when time permits, and of course set up my reloading bench.

300 rounds of .45 ACP at the range today, being a lot more frugal with my training ammo. Feeling like my skills are slipping, though... it takes a lot of work to keep a good edge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top