JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought low and sold nothing since 2008. That dick tyrant headed to the White House don't scare me one bit. If WE THE PEOPLE actually stood up and used the right that was given to us by God, The second amendment. WE THE PEOPLE wouldn't be in this situation right now.

90% of modern men are pussy's.

Just my opinion

I've bought low and sold nothing since 2008. That dick tyrant headed to the White House don't scare me one bit. If WE THE PEOPLE actually stood up and used the right that was given to us by God, The second amendment. WE THE PEOPLE wouldn't be in this situation right now.

Just my opinion
but how do you feel about skinny jeans and man buns:D

Just my opinion
It will be interesting to see what "the others" contribute to the situation. Those millions of first time buyers who really haven't been part of the struggle and might not yet have seen the light. Will they be part of the problem or part of the solution? Are they willing to give up a right they won't miss, for the children?

Your title should be "Who is holding and who is shooting". I'm not buying anything at the prices that are being asked. So I'm not able to hoard. I'm supplied fine and shooting very little.
Agree.

Edit the title O.P.

As to the topic, I don't think I'll have much time to shoot this year, lot of irons in the fire. But we will shoot and I won't worry about depleting the ammo stash too awful much. I'll try to push certain calibers on anyone I might bring along, but my wife can shoot whatever she wants, and my daughters can shoot as much 22lr as they want. Myself I'll be happy to just see some smiling faces, bonus if I get to put a few rounds down range.

Often when we go shooting I don't really shoot at all. I load, teach, B.S., and keep things flowing orderly with an eye on everyone's safety. I shoot when I go by myself or with a buddy.

I have my supply that I am regularly trying to replenish... I still only shoot once or twice a month. For a while in 2020 i was shooting once or twice a week, but I got a "promotion" and it became more difficult to keep shooting that often. I guess I'm hoarding rifle ammo and shooting pistol ammo... My range doesn't allow for rifle, so I need to get out to the woods more.
Put it this way, I'd like to shoot as much as possible and am buying the ammo to do such!
:s0090:

You got to know when to hoard 'em,
Know when to shoot 'em,
Know when to walk away,
Know when to run!
You never count your bullets,
When you're sitting at the dinner table,
There will be time enough to count them,
When the drought is done.

It's hard to hoard when there is nothing to buy.

I'm still shooting my WWII surplus. And some Soviet steel case stuff. Everything else I'm rationing because I can't replace it.

This is worse than 2008. I find it hard to believe the average Joe with a 2-box limit has bought all the ammo. Maybe last Spring, during the TP shortage, but now? It seems to me there is a large buyer upstream that is interdicting supply. Or there is criminal activity going on.

I started hoarding in the mid 80's so now I am able to relax a little and enjoy the range at least once a week. I do like to shoot .22 and getting it now has not been a problem . I have all of my normal sized rifle and pistol rounds in my stash and each week we party like it's "1999"

Still early in the season, for me. I set an ammo budget of 2k rounds per month for training ( competitions) , but I haven't been using the whole amount just due to bad weather and time constraints. ( And a bit of worry about whether I can replenish loading components, or whether my whole sport is going in the bubblegummer due to regulation)

I shot it all, I got nothing left.. please send 22lr, 223, 9mm .45lc, 45acp, 308..... anything helps, for just a box a day you can sponsor me.....

You need a photo of a poor, starving, ammoless waif...

This is worse than 2008. I find it hard to believe the average Joe with a 2-box limit has bought all the ammo. Maybe last Spring, during the TP shortage, but now? It seems to me there is a large buyer upstream that is interdicting supply. Or there is criminal activity going on.
Or possibly it is government entities that are hoarding for the expected (planned?) uprising?...

Yep - not much different than in 2008 and for a couple years thereafter.

Regardless, Pine cones are still dying regularly in the woods near me and soon the jack rabbits will be fleeing from a guy carrying a WInchester mod 94 in either a 26 or 20 inch variety!
Let me know when it's bunny blasting time, I've got a Blackhawk in .30 carbine and some 110gr Speer soft nose hollow points to load up. On a side note I just sent in my payment for two tables at the April Gun Show being put on by the Senior Center.

As far as shooting, I spent a day this week with my shooting partner at the range shooting 38 super, 10 mm, 45 acp, and 40 S&W. Next week I need to r-zero my .270 and 45-70. If I have time I'll start on load development for my CZ 527. I don't know, I just live my life and do what I do.

Last Edited:
There's 5 or 6 of us guys at work that all check the different LGS in our areas a couple times a week, and keep an eye out for what each of us needs. This has allowed me to accumulate a decent amount through all of this at normal or slightly elevated prices. It's out there, you just have to find it.

That said I've been busy and the weather sucks so I've shot less than normal.

Right now it's snowing or raining or freezing or the wind is howling, so I reload all the brass I unloaded when the weather is nice. Now that that's done I'll start casting for the next go around. I have a ruger old army and a Italian repro 1860 and a cva muzzleloader and four pounds of black and a bunch of caps, I've acquired them the last couple of years and haven't shot them yet. So that's my next project, if I like the cva, then I'll get a flintlock and try that. I'm looking at a Lyman great plains flintlock 54cal. I probably should get it, just about all the other ones are out of stock.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top