JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't read this guy anymore. What a "Drama King". I heard him testify at the hearing for SB544 and he was very good. This ^^ stuff is trash very similar to what the dems spew to get THEIR base all up in arms.

If he wants to help gun owners he needs to decipher the pages and pages of BS in these written laws so the regular person can understand what they mean..
That would take a team of lawyers fluent In Liberal pig Latin

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I'm choosing not to panic over 2510. Is it a bad law? Yes. Will it affect my gun ownership in anyway? No. I keep my guns locked in a safe unless I am carrying them. I also have a small safe on my nightstand with an electronic keypad (backed up by a key lock.) I push 4 buttons and a loaded Glock 19 with one in the chamber is in my hand in about 5 seconds. And an LCR .357 snub nose is in my right front pocket at all times. I was taught that guns should be locked up when not in use. I dont want a burglar to have access to a loaded weapon if I am not at home.

I'm the same with my guns. "Under my control" means I'm in close vicinity at all times any gun is out of the safe. There are never guns out when I'm gone. There really should be some kind of punishments for dumb M'-F'ers that leave their loaded guns laying around that kids get into. With that said, there's the OTHER dumb M'-f'ers that have no concept of actual gun ownership that are making laws. It's like having metal workers making rules and regulations for doctors and nurses!

2510 takes effect on it's passage. How many safes, deadbolts, cable or trigger locks will be needed ON THAT DAY? 1 million? 2 million? How long will it take to supply those to Oregon gun owners? Our D lawmakers are idiots.

2510 takes effect on it's passage. How many safes, deadbolts, cable or trigger locks will be needed ON THAT DAY? 1 million? 2 million? How long will it take to supply those to Oregon gun owners? Our D lawmakers are idiots.
I believe the following section of the bill implies January 1, 2022 is the effective starting date:
SECTION 9. (1) Sections 2 to 6 and 8 of this 2021 Act become operative on January 1, 2022.
To give the "experts" at the OHA time to come up with minimum specs on how one is to secure their firearms:
SECTION 7. No later than January 1, 2022, the Oregon Health Authority, in consultation with the Department of State Police and after considering any relevant standards in the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2051 et seq.), shall adopt rules establishing the minimum specifications for trigger locks, cable locks and containers required by sections 3 and 4 of this 2021 Act.

Last Edited:
now one bill restricts concealed carry in public buildings. leaving it in your car is a prime target for theft . If someone steals your car with a gun in it or breaks in to steal for drug money you are at fault. :eek:

They might give locks out for free , just call and tell them you need 157 of them . Im sure you wouldn't be put in a data base . :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Earlier today we told you that HB 2510 had been held over until next Monday.
The Oregon House has just announced that on Wednesday it will be holding a public hearing on SB 554.
We encourage you to continue to contact the House Republican Leader who is also on the committee that will be hearing this bill.
:
House Republican Leader Christine Drazan
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1400
Email the House Republican Leader: [email protected]

So it looks like two new amendments are being proposed to SB 554. Firearms park ban and the removal of state preemption. :rolleyes:
"Removal of state preemption" would render OR CHL useless, or confusingly less helpful, in many locations, correct? ....So, the "no loaded mags" law might mean a Multnomah-issued CHL allows carry of an unloaded handgun there? Revolvers only? Break-open target pistols?

That bit seems pretty awful for OR CHL holders, and might result in all sorts of accidental criminals.

"Removal of state preemption" would render OR CHL useless, or confusingly less helpful, in many locations, correct? ....So, the "no loaded mags" law might mean a Multnomah-issued CHL allows carry of an unloaded handgun there? Revolvers only? Break-open target pistols?

That bit seems pretty awful for OR CHL holders, and might result in all sorts of accidental intentional criminals.
"intentional" was misspelled. I fixed it for you. The lawmakers know exactly what they are doing. Don't fool yourself into thinking other-wise.

So it looks like two new amendments are being proposed to SB 554. Firearms park ban and the removal of state preemption. :rolleyes:
This is really bad: it looks to me like the amendment removing state preemption is a copy-paste of HB3005 (which is dead for this session). It repeals state preemption of all firearm laws, meaning any locality could make firearm laws as restrictive as they please. Both HB3005 and the amendment were introduced by the same representative.

Total "Deaths" 2019

480,000 - Cigarettes
325,000 - Obesity
95,000 - Alcohol
70,630 - Drug Overdose
39,443 - Falls, Slips & Trips
38,800 - Car Accident
47,511 - Suicide
15,292 - Guns (Minus Suicides)

Their narrative and delusional preoccupation with abject facts are silly at best, tyrannical at worst. Just glad I will be dead in 50 yrs.

how about instead of ban guns from parks, ban drugged up homeless from parks where my kids play. i say this so that i dont have to rush to the hospital after my 3 year old runs up to me with a heroin needle. that is the real problem.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top