JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still, much of the wording bill is very broad, and the open-ended liability for two years extreme. I doubt there will be proactive enforcement, but I can see components of the law used as add-ons. Other parts that are not well defined are tamper-proof locks, gun rooms, etc.

Mainly, I do want to encourage contacting representatives regarding the latest flurry of anti-gun bills coming up.

Indeed! If I'd had to read more than a dozen lines or so I would have given up. Damn these laws and the way they're written!

And then you have Kevin Starrett miss representing what these laws actually say too!

"the Democrat's bill to force you to keep your self defense guns locked up and useless AND hold you responsible for crimes committed if they were stolen, has been…delayed."

From the above link:

Still in play:

• Senate Bill 554: This bill would allow local governments to ban holders of concealed weapons permits from bringing guns into public buildings. The bans could not apply to the parking lots. The Senate approved the bill 16-7 on March 25 after several hours of debate. The bill is now awaiting action in the House Rules Committee, which can schedule a vote right up until the end of the legislative session.
Keep contacting and stalling it, all sides!

From the above link:

Still in play:

• Senate Bill 554: This bill would allow local governments to ban holders of concealed weapons permits from bringing guns into public buildings. The bans could not apply to the parking lots. The Senate approved the bill 16-7 on March 25 after several hours of debate. The bill is now awaiting action in the House Rules Committee, which can schedule a vote right up until the end of the legislative session.
Agreed, keep the pressure on, CHL holders are not a problem nor a threat. Typically, quite the opposite...

Statistically, CHL holders are 7x more law abiding than LEOs.

Any links to that stat? Not doubting you, just too lazy to look into in now. Plus, I'd read that somewhere else. I'm pretty frustrated because I get NO replies from, so-called reps. Well, bloomen-hour did respond telling me he knew better than us firearm owners. What the eff is the point? They don't care about what us peon gun owners think.

Last Edited:
Any links to that stat? Not not doubting you, just too lazy to look into in now. Plus, I'd read that somewhere else. I'm pretty frustrated because I get NO replies from, so-called reps. Well, bloomen-hour did respond telling me he knew better than us firearm owners. What the eff is the point? They don't care about what us peon gun owners think.
I'll try to look it up later and probably forget. It's a study that did some data mining to determine several things but the ones that stuck w/ me were:

• Police are about 35x more law abiding than average citizens
  • CHL holders are about 7x more law abiding than police officers
I retained those because I found them both interesting and not what I was expecting due to the extreme differentials. I expected the demographics to rank like that but the magnitude of the differences is a little surprising to me.

Any links to that stat? Not not doubting you, just too lazy to look into in now. Plus, I'd read that somewhere else. I'm pretty frustrated because I get NO replies from, so-called reps. Well, bloomen-hour did respond telling me he knew better than us firearm owners. What the eff is the point? They don't care about what us peon gun owners think.
See, those lack of replies or replies of "I know better than you" are grounds for throwing an incumbent out of office. Period...

There should be a two way conversation, but that never happens, they have their stance and if you don't like it tough. Well, next election vote for who ever is running against them. It's the only way to break the stranglehold and hopefully effect change.

I'll try to look it up later and probably forget. It's a study that did some data mining to determine several things but the ones that stuck w/ me were:

• Police are about 35x more law abiding than average citizens
  • CHL holders are about 7x more law abiding than police officers
I retained those because I found them both interesting and not what I was expecting due to the extreme differentials. I expected the demographics to rank like that but the magnitude of the differences is a little surprising to me.
That's exactly what I'd read before. :s0155:
See, those lack of replies or replies of "I know better than you" are grounds for throwing an incumbent out of office. Period...

There should be a two way conversation, but that never happens, they have their stance and if you don't like it tough. Well, next election vote for who ever is running against them. It's the only way to break the stranglehold and hopefully effect change.
Good! Now I at least have a link, so I can plead that the so-called "Representative" read the data! I doubt they would though. But it will still make me feel a little bit more like my effort means something.

From the above link:

Still in play:

The good news is that the pre-emption bill SB 585...the worst bill of them all...is officially dead.

7ACC852E-A22F-47AB-A4EE-1B9E6AE66849.png

Last Edited:
As you may know, the House Republicans had been slowing the pace of the leftist thugs by requiring that each bill be read in its entirety before being voted on. That has all changed.

The House Republicans have capitulated and given up any effort to slow down the pace of the destruction and are no longer demanding that the bills be read before they are voted on.
This means the Republicans KNOW, that barring divine intervention, HB 2510 is going to pass Monday.
The Senate (with the help of six Republicans) has already passed SB 554 and that bill is now awaiting action on the House side.

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I'm choosing not to panic over 2510. Is it a bad law? Yes. Will it affect my gun ownership in anyway? No. I keep my guns locked in a safe unless I am carrying them. I also have a small safe on my nightstand with an electronic keypad (backed up by a key lock.) I push 4 buttons and a loaded Glock 19 with one in the chamber is in my hand in about 5 seconds. And an LCR .357 snub nose is in my right front pocket at all times. I was taught that guns should be locked up when not in use. I dont want a burglar to have access to a loaded weapon if I am not at home.

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I'm choosing not to panic over 2510. Is it a bad law? Yes. Will it affect my gun ownership in anyway? No. I keep my guns locked in a safe unless I am carrying them. I also have a small safe on my nightstand with an electronic keypad (backed up by a key lock.) I push 4 buttons and a loaded Glock 19 with one in the chamber is in my hand in about 5 seconds. And an LCR .357 snub nose is in my right front pocket at all times. I was taught that guns should be locked up when not in use. I dont want a burglar to have access to a loaded weapon if I am not at home.
Well, it's one thing to make your own rules, and another to have them rammed down your throat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top