JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an ideal world we would argue based on facts and logic, not with appeals to emotion. That would be my style and preference, as well as probably that of most firearm-rights supporters. Internally, amongst ourselves, that should be the way we discuss most issues. Unfortunately, externally, both strategies are necessary if we want firearm-rights to win. I don't see OFF newsletter releases as being purely for internal consumption.

"Misleading" is bordering on lying in my book. I can't take either one seriously. Not to mention repeating misleading information or lies makes the person repeating it look to be a fool.

Judging by the way the Judiciary Committee has voted in recent work sessions this is going to pass 4-3. 3 of the 4 Democrats on the Committee are also sponsors of the bill.

SB 554 was given a "Do pass" recommendation on a 4-3 party line vote. Correct me if I heard wrong, but I think Prozanski said it goes to the Senate Committee on Finance and Revenue next. The Chair of that committee is the Senator who introduced the bill. I was impressed by Linthicum's comments. I'm glad Heard called out Prozanski for how dismissive he was of all the Republican party member's comments.

SB 554 was given a "Do pass" recommendation on a 4-3 party line vote. Correct me if I heard wrong, but I think Prozanski said it goes to the Senate Committee on Finance and Revenue next. The Chair of that committee is the Senator who introduced the bill. I was impressed by Linthicum's comments. I'm glad Heard called out Prozanski for how dismissive he was of all the Republican party member's comments.

I don't listen to these things usually. Actually, this was my first. It only goes to show me just how f'ing smug these, so called, "leaders" are. Sit there with stoopid looks on their faces while more and more, verifiable, evidence pointing to how useless their law is comes to them, and then vote for it anyway. It's the same problem, from here in Oregon, all the way to the GD Capitol in DC. The same Dem mind set with this stimulus bill. Tens/hundreds of millions $$ going to things that are in no way related to covid, OR stimulus, for Americans needing help.

Prozanski and Merkley both are super-duper smug when they get their chance. Oregon politics got me to pay attention. Went to one hearing a few years back and saw what they have been putting in the hot dog filling we call justice. A bunch of garbage. I forget which Bill it was, but they had vered so far from their own policies when Merkley was chair, they had to postpone and hear it again.

How ever any law is written in Oregon it only applies to democrat opposition. If you are a liberal pastor that gives people guns without a FFL or some screw ball committing arson on a public building. Both against the law. Both excused by the dog and pony show in Salem.

Any links? Would be curious about this.

Oh, nm. found some.

Looks like a pastor who won an AR-15 in a drawing then said he passed it onto a friend for safekeeping. OSP followed up, couldn't prove it so dropped it. Ginny Burdick said what the pastor did was correct and safe and prosecuting someone for something like that is against the spirit of the law, as the law was meant to stop people from buying guns and giving them to felons. Does this mean I can lend guns to my friends now?

Last Edited:
Link

From the article:

Last year, state lawmakers passed a new law that made transferring a gun without a background check illegal, even if the arrangement is between two private parties and no money changes hands. If Lucas were to be convicted of a misdemeanor charge of unlawful transfer of a weapon, he could face a maximum fine of $6,250 and up to a year in jail.

Lucas said he has not heard from authorities and is not worried about the investigation.

"If they get in touch with me, I'll be happy to talk to them and tell them everything they want to know," he said.

Today the Democrats passed SB 554 ... out of committee on a party line vote.
:
This bill now goes to the floor. The Senate is controlled by a super majority of Democrats, many of whom are sponsors of this bill.
:
The ball is now in the court of the Senate Republicans.
:
Ask them to walk out on any vote on SB 554.

Senate Republicans
Senate Republican Leader Fred Girod
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/girod

Brian Boquist

If you read the bill, and read Starrett's statement, he's terribly dramatic. "Drive near a library and become a felon"?? What a crock! Maybe in a WORST case scenario, maybe. He does a terrible disservice to us with this kind of writing. He's as bad as MSM, on the other side. I will say his statement at the hearing was excellent though!
Try driving on public streets through West Portland without crossing PSU or OHSU land.

Try driving on public streets through West Portland without crossing PSU or OHSU land.
One of the other things I noticed in the OFF email today were a couple of instances in which Kevin alluded to public transportation being included as an area where concealed carry would be banned, but I have yet to find that in the text. Insights?
Edit:
"Metropolitan services district" would cover trimet in its entirety.

Last Edited:

I just hate the added drama to everything he writes. Makes me feel I can't trust him to be telling the simple truth. Like every news item on main stream media.

There was an amendment to the bill not counting parking lots though. I didn't read THE amendment but that could mean that driving up to drop someone off at the airport, OR driving on a road through PSU, OHSU was okay. There was also some reference to being forced to leave your firearm in your car, (parking garage?), while going into the terminal with someone flying (bad idea?!) In any case, this stoopid law would be voted in by the dip-o-crap's regardless of statistics. The press release becomes unreadable when it gets to this blather...
"In light of increasing violence and threats of harm by extremists, we cannot wait any longer to pass Senate Bill 554. The growing number of firearm purchases and applications for Concealed Handgun Licenses is concerning," said Senator Burdick (D-Portland) who introduced Senate Bill 554.

And this...
"As former military, and a former law enforcement and corrections officer, I am proud to Chief Sponsor Senate Bill 554. In those roles, I saw time and again that the presence of firearms among civilians did not prevent violence, but made the situation more dangerous," said Senator James Manning Jr. (D-Eugene).

"Sworn to uphold The Constitution" My bubblegum!

Prozanski is full of hate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads