JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are studded tires illegal now ? Or you joking

Oh they're legal... it's just a constant fight with Legislature trying to change that!! You know.... our nanny state. Supposedly studs cause much damage, yet the only thing I see when I travel 84 over the passes is marks/wear from truck chains. Why do they hate studded tires so much???

While we all want the NFA abolished trading it for a subjective test is crazy. We all have different opinion on how to handle, carry and safely store a firearm let alone what big government thinks. And whos to say they don't make the test prohibitively hard or prohibitively expensive. Your right to own a gun starts a birth and is yours to lose based on your actions.
Anybody who thinks this "test" would be OK should look up some of the literacy tests developed in the South for voting.

Now, is this enough finally to get gun owners in Oregon off their behinds and vote? Only about half of them usually do. About 50% of the voters in Oregon are gun owners, but half of them don't vote. If we all did we would win every election.

What other types of gun legislation do we expect to see this term? I got my email from OFF stating

"HB 2510 is another mandatory lock up your guns bill. Basically a rehash of what the Democrats tried to force through last time.

HB 2543 eliminates the protection gun buyers have if the State Police can't or won't complete a background check. If they don't complete the check you cannot buy a gun.

SB 396 prohibits "undetectable firearms". This is the Democrats ham fisted attempt to ban "ghost guns" "constructed or produced, including through a three-dimensional printing process,
entirely of nonmetal substances".

The bill also redefines "unfinished frames and receivers " as actual firearms and requires they be treated as such for possession and transfer.

SB 554 allows localities, schools, and airports to ban CHL holders from their property and any location near their property. The bill increases the fee for a CHL from $50 to $100.00 and renewals to $75.00. If you pick up a family member from the airport you can be charged with a Class C felony if you have a firearm even with a CHL.

SB 585 repeals Oregon's preemption law allowing any locality to create and enforce any gun law they choose.

SB 604 requires a permit to purchase firearms. The bill requires mandatory training, background checks, and fees. The bill requires safety training from the "National Firearms Association". (Not a misprint) The permit must be renewed every 5 years."

Clown Brown and her super majority will do everything they can to make our lives a living hell. I've never been more fearful for gun confiscation in this state as I am now. 5 year log of firearm purchases and transfers IS STATEWIDE REGISTRATION. Hell even if you've had the gun for 30 years soon as you transfer it the gun is in the system, and so are you. I really hope trump locks up the traitors and in confirmed for 4 more years but that's 6 days away from being Q'ued. Joe Beijing Biden is going to make rifles illegal and God knows what else. Where you live is more important than ever. Do not elect sheriffs that will enforce unconstitutional orders of the state.

I just did an OLIS search for the term "firearm" and found one more new bill:

HB3005: Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.

This is similar to SB585.

Latest update from OFF:
All reports indicate that the first order of business will be Senate Bill 554.

SB 554 will effectively end concealed handgun licenses while ironically doubling their cost.

Under SB 554, any public building, and the property near it, can (and will) become a no-go zone for CHL holders while lawfully armed. ("Lawfully armed" soon to become an oxymoron.)

The definition of "public building" will be greatly expanded to include airports, any building owned or "controlled" by any city, county, or metropolitan service district, any property owned by a college or university
and any property near those buildings!

The penalty for being on or near any of these locations will be 5 years in prison and a $125,000.00 fine.

My boat is still in Oregon if someone needs to borrow it. In all seriousness, fight the good fight, you know they'll slam something awful through via 'emergency'

My guess is that it's because studs are on the vehicle for several months, doing damage to roads that are not icy and snow-packed.

Believe me, on the passes it's NOTHING compared to the damage done by truck chains.

They want to ban them in Potland, fine by me. But they should leave the mountain people alone!!!

We cant even agree how many fire arms safety rules lol
The practice tests online are consistent with the one I took in the gun shop. Sadly, the gun shop staff chick who graded the quiz for a fellow engineer and myself appeared legitimately surprised we both got "a perfect score" and had to recheck. The test is truly simplistic; the fact that a perfect score was that unusual is a little troubling,

Believe me, on the passes it's NOTHING compared to the damage done by truck chains.

They want to ban them in Potland, fine by me. But they should leave the mountain people alone!!!
When I lived in central OR the bi-annual pilgrimage to the tire store to swap the winter wheels and studs with the summer wheels and studs was a very common thing. I would guestimate that over half the residents had studs for winter.

I think they should charge each vehicle a fee, say $25 or so, when the studs are installed to pay for the damage they will do. If you live on a hill with some elevation black ice can be a problem on many mornings even in Seattle or Potland, so studs are the way to go.

Now, back to writing your representatives. I've already told the Oregon Republicans to walk out. Time to fight back!

Along with contacting your current representatives this is probably the best chance conservatives have to run for office. I haven't seen any conservative campaigning yet but I still get tons of daily emails from the dems from 12 yrs ago. I've sent donations to Republicans as well and get nothing.

People say, well why don't you run. Simply, I still find hooker jokes hilarious. I can only hold my tongue minutes to hours at a time. And like the racing icon Kenny Roberts famously said to reporters, I don't answer stupid questions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top