JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here we go again:
  • SB 396 Defines "undetectable firearm." Punishes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring undetectable firearm by maximum of 10 years' imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
  • SB 502 Exempts transferee who is certified participant in Address Confidentiality Program from private firearm transfer criminal background check requirement.
  • SB 554 Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district, port operating commercial airport, school district, college or university to adopt ordinance or policy limiting or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees.
  • SB 585 Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.
  • SB 604 Requires person to obtain permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm under circumstances requiring criminal background check.
  • HB 2510 Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.
  • HB 2543 Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police is unable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm.
  • HB 2872 Creates credit against personal income tax for cost of criminal history record check required by state law for transfer of firearm.
  • HB 3005 Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.

Last Edited:
It looks like SB 502 is a good thing. Participants of the Address Confidentiality Program are victims of domestic violence, stalking, human trafficking, etc, and the program helps give them a legal way to hide their real address, even when filling out paperwork that legally requires an address. This would exempt them from background checks. Thumbs up from me for that one.

So they are not interested in defending peoples lives or well being at all. Just denying access to property you all ready own.

SB 396 Defines "undetectable firearm." Punishes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring undetectable firearm by maximum of 10 years' imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.

I could be wrong but I believe homemade guns are already not transferrable. You can only build for yourself.

SB 554 Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district, port operating commercial airport, school district, college or university to adopt ordinance or policy limiting or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees.

So the government hates those pesky tax paying citizens. We pay for buildings and salaries AND they have no duty to protect us (think San Bernardino), but want to imprison you if you decide to protect yourself.

• HB 2510 Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.
Because someone not breaking into your house just isn't enough.

There is no question that these bills, in every state and at the federal level, are designed to harass gun owners and burden private gun ownership. Instead of fretting over the irrational and unconstitutional nature of the bills, do something. Donate to pro 2A litigation groups, write your representatives. Tell undecided voters that gun control is a proven failure in all the jurisdictions who have the strictest laws. NYC, Chicago, Oakland, Los Angeles. And if those cities blame other jurisdictions' lax laws for imported guns, why don't those other jurisdictions have the higher gun crime rate?

Venting on these message boards does not accomplish anything.

396 Defines "undetectable firearm." Punishes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring undetectable firearm by maximum of 10 years' imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both
This seems to be about 3D printed guns. Add 4 oz of iron to your design, good to go.

• SB 554 Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district, port operating commercial airport, school district, college or university to adopt ordinance or policy limiting or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees.
  • SB 585 Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.
I guess the fact that CHL holders are on average 7x more law abiding than police officers isn't fact enough to show what a dumb idea this is.

• SB 604 Requires person to obtain permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm under circumstances requiring criminal background check.
Just like CA ...

• HB 287 Creates credit against personal income tax for cost of criminal history record check required by state law for transfer of firearm.
How did this get in there?

SB 604, permit to buy firearms? Shouldn't that make background check obsolete?
In CA it's coached as a safety certification. It's possibly not the worst idea ever but I dislike the spirit in which it is offered. Suggest we include NRA funded firearm safety instruction in K-12 and see what the same people say.

download.jpg
Prozanski!

Venting on these message boards does not accomplish anything.

Yes, but it feels good and is satisfying in the immediate reward sense of communing with like minds. If I can't bartalk with my Bros, how I gonna get my bubblegumin out!!

I get it that we need to take action. But obviously many need to vent to friendly ears. Cuz talking to Govt typically falls on deaf ears or mostly results in a form letter. :(

In CA it's coached as a safety certification. It's possibly not the worst idea ever but I dislike the spirit in which it is offered. Suggest we include NRA funded firearm safety instruction in K-12 and see what the same people say.

In every state that requires permit/license, citizens get refused, or even arrested if they move into the state with a firearm in their possession.

If they want us to have a permit/license to exercise our BOR right, how about a permit/license for every so called journalist. Or to post on Twithead or Facebukaki?????????

Yes, but it feels good and is satisfying in the immediate reward sense of communing with like minds. If I can't bartalk with my Bros, how I gonna get my bubblegumin out!!

I get it that we need to take action. But obviously many need to vent to friendly ears. Cuz talking to Govt typically falls on deaf ears or mostly results in a form letter. :(

How can we take action when the legislature is stacked and the only people that are allowed to be heard are those that agree with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top