JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RICO...

The justice department needs to investigate the goings on at the Oregon State Capitol, buying and selling of constitutional rights...

As I've said before, Oregon legislators make the Mafia look like amateurs... Payoffs for looking the other way...

So now I will ask again, what's the next step, because clearly the republicans aren't going to come to the rescue...

Viva la Revolution!

The next step Is YOU run for Governor

Republicans should have denied the quorum, it's the only tool they really have being their a super minority... But they failed yet again to stop the democrats from steamrolling all over Oregonians rights. Oregon politics is beyond pathetic. Nothing but a bunch of tyrants...

In reading the latest revision the section below it appears to have removed liability when the unsecured firearm is stolen by a burglar???

(3) If a firearm obtained as a result of an owner or possessor of a firearm violating sub-section (1) of this section is used to injure a person or property within two years of the violation, in an action against the owner or possessor to recover damages for the injury, the violation constitutes per se negligence, and the presumption of negligence may not be overcome by a showing that the owner or possessor acted reasonably.
(4) Subsection (3) of this section does not apply if:
(a) The injury results from a lawful act of self-defense or defense of another person; or
(b) The unsecured firearm was obtained by a person as a result of the person entering or remaining unlawfully in a dwelling, as those terms are defined in ORS 164.205.

Well, they're going to get what they want: me and my tax money were already on the way out. At least here in Deschutes, I know Sheriff Shane Nelson has stated he would blow a raspberry at Salem and refuse to enforce any Draconian anti-2A claptrap those sycophant hippies manage to ram through the legislature. We'll see how serious he was about that now, I suppose.

RIP Oregon. You were once a great place to call home. It gives me no pleasure to type this.

Republicans should have denied the quorum, it's the only tool they really have being their a super minority... But they failed yet again to stop the democrats from steamrolling all over Oregonians rights. Oregon politics is beyond pathetic. Nothing but a bunch of tyrants...

Not just Oregon. Washington DC is the same now. Anything "they" want, kamala will do her best to see that they get it.

Well, they're going to get what they want: me and my tax money were already on the way out. At least here in Deschutes, I know Sheriff Shane Nelson has stated he would blow a raspberry at Salem and refuse to enforce any Draconian anti-2A claptrap those sycophant hippies manage to ram through the legislature. We'll see how serious he was about that now, I suppose.

RIP Oregon. You were once a great place to call home. It gives me no pleasure to type this.
I'm not moving because of one bill.

To be honest, the bill isn't going to change anything in my day to day. I don't carry on property if the owner makes it known that they don't allow it, and I keep all my stuff in a safe.

Our only hope is a Heller-like constitutional challenge at the USSC. Sadly the court — the very same who refused to even consider a single of the multiple election law challenges presented — has shown its reluctance to err on the side of the people. Still, I'm hopeful the 6-3 court will rule correctly on the upcoming NRA-backed NYR&PA challenge to New York's absurd gun laws in October. Likely even with a virtue-signaling dissent from Roberts, there will remain enough constitutionalists in the star chamber to overturn, thus paving the way for a slew of challenges from other states, Oregon now clearly being one of them. Providing, of course, President Harris isn't able to pack the court before then...

Our only hope
I too hope for a court victory, but that's not "our only hope." We need to engage right here at the local level and not wait for Big Daddy Court in Washington to swoop down and rescue us.

I can guarantee you that these local RINOs did not receive hundreds of phone calls EVERY DAY and thousands of emails on SB-554, or they might have stood up for our rights. How do we generate that kind of grassroots pressure? We can't do it if the go-to response is "I'm gonna leave the state."

A good start would be supporting recall campaigns for each one of these RINOs, and challenging their bogus talk about why a walkout "was not an option." Every gun owner in Oregon needs to know the names of the Republicans who sold them out, and make their election defeat the highest priority.

I'm not moving because of one bill.

To be honest, the bill isn't going to change anything in my day to day. I don't carry on property if the owner makes it known that they don't allow it, and I keep all my stuff in a safe.
Not just one bill.

You can consider this one the straw that broke the camel's back if you wish. Not only is this the single most anti-citizen, anti-Constitution and comprehensive gun control legislation in modern Oregon history, t goes a long way toward illustrating your legislature's attitude toward you, presumably a law-abiding gun owner. Please don't naively think this is the end of it. Add to it Sanctuary state, police ordered to stand down while arsonists run wild in the streets of our premiere city causing millions in damage and even a few homicides, homeless defecation tolerated and left for business owners to clean up, prosecutors refusing to prosecute same, false narratives regurgitated by the wokerazzi, and now here again today half our state shutting down to fight a virus with a ~98% survival rate and NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT HEALTHY PEOPLE EATING IN A RESTAURANT CONTRIBUTES TO THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS. Oh and let's not forget energy policies based on junk science proffered by people with the nerve to tell us "follow the science..."

But back to the gun bill: whether you think it effects you personally or not should be irrelevant. Gun control (or as they disingenuously now call it "gun safety" and have the nerve to add the modifier "common sense") is always incremental. They are smart enough to know they cannot hit you with it all at once: Like the frog in the pot of boiling water, it will jump out if it can... but you put that frog in the cold water and slowly turn up the heat? We are the frog. Today it's "common sense gun safety" to which you do not object. What does tomorrow bring? You might just find out it does effect you personally... and by then it's too late because you refused to object to that which you falsely believed did not effect you. EVERY gun law effects EVERY gun owner.

Now do I need to remind you of Niëmoller's prosaic and prophetic tome?

First they came for high-capacity magazines. But I didn't object because I didn't own any high-capacity magazines...

Last Edited:
I too hope for a court victory, but that's not "our only hope." We need to engage right here at the local level and not wait for Big Daddy Court in Washington to swoop down and rescue us.

I can guarantee you that these local RINOs did not receive hundreds of phone calls EVERY DAY and thousands of emails on SB-554, or they might have stood up for our rights. How do we generate that kind of grassroots pressure? We can't do it if the go-to response is "I'm gonna leave the state."

A good start would be supporting recall campaigns for each one of these RINOs, and challenging their bogus talk about why a walkout "was not an option." Every gun owner in Oregon needs to know the names of the Republicans who sold them out, and make their election defeat the highest priority.
This assumes the legislators, esp the RINOs, actually care about what you and I — the rank and file — have to say. I hear this time and again that they do, but actions speak louder than words. Given this state's current political composition, the genie is out of the bottle. You can recall those whom you believe sold you out, but it's too little too late when the damage is done. Hence, the Big Daddy needs to spank the petulant children who run this state and remind them that we still have this ripped old document under glass in the other Washington that as of now is still the law of the land.

In reading the latest revision the section below it appears to have removed liability when the unsecured firearm is stolen by a burglar???

(3) If a firearm obtained as a result of an owner or possessor of a firearm violating sub-section (1) of this section is used to injure a person or property within two years of the violation, in an action against the owner or possessor to recover damages for the injury, the violation constitutes per se negligence, and the presumption of negligence may not be overcome by a showing that the owner or possessor acted reasonably.
(4) Subsection (3) of this section does not apply if:
(a) The injury results from a lawful act of self-defense or defense of another person; or
(b) The unsecured firearm was obtained by a person as a result of the person entering or remaining unlawfully in a dwelling, as those terms are defined in ORS 164.205.
They watered both bills down as part of a compromise for combining and passing them. In addition to removing the liability, carrying a concealed weapon in a prohibited area will be a misdemeanor rather than a felony if you have a CHL.

Sure you can, just drop your EDC off (locked of course) by the curb outside of the school grounds before you let your kid out and then pick it up (if it's still there) after you drop your kid off.
Or, if you are lucky enough to have TWO kids that go to different schools (say a grade schooler and a middle schooler), you can leave one in the car to watch your gun while you march defenslessly to the Indoctrination Center.

180970536_510166016788846_2935768699406337282_n.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads