JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Astoria9mm posted:

"Total "Deaths" 2019

480,000 - Cigarettes
325,000 - Obesity
95,000 - Alcohol
70,630 - Drug Overdose
39,443 - Falls, Slips & Trips
38,800 - Car Accident
47,511 - Suicide
15,292 - Guns (Minus Suicides)"

Not doubting the data, wondering is this national or state level and what source?

I'm assuming it's national, but.... well, you know

That will help me in my discussions with the uneducated.

Last Edited:

Please f$$@( read this and contact your reps!! At transfers you would have to have a lock on your gun otherswise it's a class C violation...

Fees for initial CHL is $100.... Renewal could be $75...

If 60k people contacted michael wood over oregon trying to make masks and social distancing permanent in oregon by may 4th these officials should have the same if not more voiced opposition.

If you feel this doesn't apply to you or doesn't affect anything you do please know this only enables actions like these that some day WILL get to something you do care about regarding guns.

Last Edited:
Here we go again:
  • SB 396 Defines "undetectable firearm." Punishes manufacturing, importing, offering for sale or transferring undetectable firearm by maximum of 10 years' imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
  • SB 502 Exempts transferee who is certified participant in Address Confidentiality Program from private firearm transfer criminal background check requirement.
  • SB 554 Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district, port operating commercial airport, school district, college or university to adopt ordinance or policy limiting or precluding affirmative defense for possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees.
  • SB 585 Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.
  • SB 604 Requires person to obtain permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm under circumstances requiring criminal background check.
  • HB 2510 Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.
  • HB 2543 Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police is unable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm.
  • HB 2872 Creates credit against personal income tax for cost of criminal history record check required by state law for transfer of firearm.
  • HB 3005 Repeals statute creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.
We are pretty much California now. I wish those asshats would have stayed in that vile sewer they created.

In CA it's coached as a safety certification. It's possibly not the worst idea ever but I dislike the spirit in which it is offered. Suggest we include NRA funded firearm safety instruction in K-12 and see what the same people say.
When my dad was in high school, shooting was an elective in P.E.. He brought his .22 to school and learned everything from firearm safety to cleaning and maintenance, and of course marksmanship.

Taday was mostly Karens saying "There were Proud Boys open carrying in the park and they intimated us".
This is a tough one. As a 2A absolutist, I find it difficult to resolve my wish to see an end to open carry — voluntarily, not by force of state. It makes these soccer moms nervous and you know more than one of them probably does Yoga with Kate Brown.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

sb665img.jpg

Link to write or call in https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Testimony/HRULES

Last Edited:
The changes reflect the strong headwinds gun control bills face in Oregon, despite the fact that Democrats have a supermajority in both legislative chambers.
News is a little old in the meanwhile, but for completeness:

RICO...

The justice department needs to investigate the goings on at the Oregon State Capitol, buying and selling of constitutional rights...

As I've said before, Oregon legislators make the Mafia look like amateurs... Payoffs for looking the other way...

So now I will ask again, what's the next step, because clearly the republicans aren't going to come to the rescue...

Viva la Revolution!

Astoria9mm posted:

"Total "Deaths" 2019

480,000 - Cigarettes
325,000 - Obesity
95,000 - Alcohol
70,630 - Drug Overdose
39,443 - Falls, Slips & Trips
38,800 - Car Accident
47,511 - Suicide
15,292 - Guns (Minus Suicides)"

Not doubting the data, wondering is this national or state level and what source?

I'm assuming it's national, but.... well, you know

That will help me in my discussions with the uneducated.
Homicide committed with a firearm by a non-prohibited previously law-abiding citizen with a lawfully-obtained weapon: about 4,000. High proportion of that domestic...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top