JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The clock is ticking. Though not officially posted, numerous knowledgeable people have informed us that SB 554 will be voted on this Thursday.
:
There are a number of Republican Senators who are prepared to walk out this week should the bill be officially scheduled. The rest need marching orders from Fred Girod.

Please call him NOW and tell him to get the others to join the walkout. No excuses.

Senator Fred Girod. 503-986-1709
Representative Christine Drazan. 503-986-1439

Good argument as to why a Republican walk out, denial of Quorum, is them doing their job. SB 554 is also discussed.
These rules were not designed to ensure the whims of he majority party, Democrat or Republican, but were engineered to protect disenfranchised citizens and their minority rights.

This trite slogan misconstrues the motives of the minority party as a desire to shirk from responsibility or worse, an unconstitutional action. Yet, the requirement for two thirds of the members to be present is entirely constitutional. Quorum is not intended as a record keeping device for a legislator's attendance. Neither does it accurately reflect upon his, or her, performance in defending your constitutional rights.

Quorum is a requirement which specifically exists to protect minority rights. Quorum is designed to ensure that an even-handed and deliberative body of legislators are available to consider business.

Good argument as to why a Republican walk out, denial of Quorum, is them doing their job. SB 554 is also discussed.

Read that email from Dennis this morning. I highly encourage all members here to let the republicans know they are Oregon's only hope in stopping the democrats from running roughshod over our Constitutional Rights and the Oregon Constitution.

Here's the latest from Oregon Firearms Federation.

I can't read this guy anymore. What a "Drama King". I heard him testify at the hearing for SB544 and he was very good. This ^^ stuff is trash very similar to what the dems spew to get THEIR base all up in arms.

If he wants to help gun owners he needs to decipher the pages and pages of BS in these written laws so the regular person can understand what they mean..

State level organizations like OFF will never have the firepower the NRA did in its heyday. That's why the NRA declaring bankruptcy and LaPierre steering it into a ditch will bring a flood of new legislation.

BS and misinformation isn't my thing either. And I've already read a couple lines of it in the emails I get. I keep hoping Kevin Starrett will adjust his style.
His emails also have trackers embedded in them. I emailed him about that a few years ago and he acknowledged it, and vigorously defended them, saying they were necessary. I unsubscribed and never looked back.

What I think OFF should do is leverage the current anti-police sentiment to amend the Oregon Constitution to place the same weapon limitations on law enforcement as are placed on everyone else, including where they can carry them. If average Joe can't carry concealed in a public building, a cop can't carry at all there. If average Joe can't have magazines holding more than 10 rounds, neither can the police. Etc.

Maybe allow exceptions for actively deployed SWAT teams.

His emails also have trackers embedded in them. I emailed him about that a few years ago and he acknowledged it, and vigorously defended them, saying they were necessary. I unsubscribed and never looked back.

Aren't there trackers everywhere already? I don't really care about that. I will continue to get his emails, I just don't read them. They at least point to what I need to look at, stopping short of reading his drama.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top