JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Officers like them. It's easy to spy on drivers and passengers in other vehicles as to what they are doing. They also are very stealthy, most folks are shocked when a pickup lights up as a LE vehicle. WSP and some counties have found pick ups far more versatile than SUVs or cars. Pickups can provide a better vantage point for observing traffic violations. WSP already has a number of Ford F150s in use in Eastern Washington.

I have used a truck, but not a purpose built police truck like that. We've had a mixed bag of stuff used for surveillance. I'm not saying there's not a use, but it's a very limited use.

The only reason I would like one is so someone else can do my transports.

Never understood why they do that besides a power trip and "I'm gonna win by destroying my ride, the car you stole and possibly kill somebody in a high speed pursuit..."

Guess if it's not your money being spent to fix the bubblegum you destroy. Rage on!

and I thought we weren't posting entire articles??? When did that change?

Depends on how bad the person is that needs to be caught. Now, most pursuits are more like deer drives. Push them to a guy with spike strips or some other obstacle.

The B8 is a generation of the Audi A4. I want to say the B8 is 2010 thru something. I think it's still a B8 chassis so it's something like a B8+ now. My car is a B6. It's a 2003 A4. B6 was 2002-2005. B7 was 2007-2009 I believe. B5 was something like 1998-2001.

Probably way more Audi than you really wanted to know.

I could be confusing with Nissans too! The old truck is an 850 but also a D21 similar to the WD21 but nothing like the 750. The D22 is basically a facelift but the D40 is mostly different. :D
Well now it just sounds like you're Spanish. B8's and B6's. :D

Most new cars, that are not barely base models, will easily exceed 120
Once you hit triple-digits aerodynamics start playing a bigger role in drag coefficient and it takes exponentially more hp/torque to keep accelerating. It's why the 200mph mark is so elusive...

There's formulas and esoteric math-y calculations that are essential to high speed motorsports and I'm not so immersed in that world that l can give specifics, even if l did understand them (I'm sure it's fascinating).
Buuut, getting a barn-door of a truck to 120mph+ is considerably more involved than pushing a Cd-slippery, tunnel-tested car with much less frontal area to the same mark, even an older, less aerodynamically- technical design.

Once you hit triple-digits aerodynamics start playing a bigger role in drag coefficient and it takes exponentially more hp/torque to keep accelerating. It's why the 200mph mark is so elusive...

There's formulas and esoteric math-y calculations that are essential to high speed motorsports and I'm not so immersed in that world that l can give specifics, even if l did understand them (I'm sure it's fascinating).
Buuut, getting a barn-door of a truck to 120mph+ is considerably more involved than pushing a Cd-slippery, tunnel-tested car with much less frontal area to the same mark, even an older, less aerodynamically- technical design.
My barn door truck did 110-115 with 145HP and 163ftlbs of torque and had more to give and weighs 80-90% of what the F150 does. The new F150 is very slippery compared to my old box. The CD of my truck, I calculated and did small scale wind tunnel tests, is very poor. Jeep wrangler poor. Possibly worse.

Aero really starts to matter around 40MPH. It does take huge power to break 200MPH or low CD. There is a lot more to aero than just frontal area, especially at speed. You also have to consider the low pressure zone behind the vehicle then at high speeds consider the air under it. My car has a flat belly for aero.

200MPH really isn't that hard anymore. I know of tuned old "new" GTOs and a few other boxes like the the Camaro that will break 200 no sweat.

The Web sez our '14 Hyundai 2.0T has a top speed of 153mph. Never tried for top speed, but found it easy to crack 100mph when passing. Our much loved '03 F-250 V-10 is just loping along @ 80mph and surges forward when the pedal goes down. I would guess thet 120+ for top speed is not unrealistic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top