JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel like I see more CA plates than WA or OR plates anymore. I still don't get why people who migrate from CA etc. and try to vote for the same crap that of which they tried to get away from initially. It's the big urbanized cities where the blue cancers breed and spread out from there.

I feel like I see more CA plates than WA or OR plates anymore. I still don't get why people who migrate from CA etc. and try to vote for the same crap that of which they tried to get away from initially. It's the big urbanized cities where the blue cancers breed and spread out from there.
That's a weak and factually baseless theory. I and many other folks have migrated here to escape the crap and vote accordingly. It's easy to make a blanket statement and think it's the way it is, but it just isn't.

Last Edited:
It is not only moving to a different state. Portland rent and home prices are dropping as people are leaving downtown, the Pearl and NE Portland. They are moving out to the suburbs. Covid made it possible with work from home and the nightly riots pushed them out. Also, the restaurants and bars are closed. The music festivals are gone. Portland is a poop hole and people are fleeing.

That's a weak and factually baseless theory. I and many other folks have migrated here to escape the crap and vote accordingly. It's easy to make a blanket statement and think it's the way it is, but it just isn't.
I wouldn't call it baseless. It's just a small sample of 40M+ people. I think the Ca plates for example just represent the last address. I bet some people are moving back. Real Californians rarely leave. They are told they have the best of everything exactly where they are.

For example, when I inform my family it would take something catastrophic for me to move back they want to have an intervention on me. I've been radicalized.

I wouldn't call it baseless. It's just a small sample of 40M+ people. I think the Ca plates for example just represent the last address. I bet some people are moving back. Real Californians rarely leave. They are told they have the best of everything exactly where they are.

For example, when I inform my family it would take something catastrophic for me to move back they want to have an intervention on me. I've been radicalized.
I feel the license plate doesn't necessarily mean a liberal attitude/mindset. In the cases I'm familiar with, it mostly means fleeing for a better life, not bringing the madness. Peace

It is not only moving to a different state. Portland rent and home prices are dropping as people are leaving downtown, the Pearl and NE Portland. They are moving out to the suburbs. Covid made it possible with work from home and the nightly riots pushed them out. Also, the restaurants and bars are closed. The music festivals are gone. Portland is a poop hole and people are fleeing.

You mean?
bubblegum_hole.jpg

"How unacceptable"

LOL.....

Yeah Rrrrreally.....
I can remember just a short while back......

But he was talking about "entire countries".

Yeah......time to play the race card.

Rrrrright....that time.....it was NOT Portlandia. So then.....

I_will_allow_it.gif

Aloha, Mark

PS..... But try the search words: Portland is a $@*^hole.

Last Edited:
It's been a poop hole for a while. Its like a local night club that seems so awesome until the music stops and the lights come on. Then you can see it for what is always was.

Heading to Texas in the next 12-18 months. These libs can pay for their own votes...

I used to consider Texas. But it is getting bluer by the minute, and I also don't like a state giving stores and restaurants the ability to legally say I can't conceal carry there. In some important ways Washington actually has better gun laws (for now) than Texas.

It is official, relocating to Montana. I have had the honor of meeting some fine people here in Oregon. I will miss my great friends and the relationships I have made over the years. Thanks for memories Oregon.

It is official, relocating to Montana. I have had the honor of meeting some fine people here in Oregon. I will miss my great friends and the relationships I have made over the years. Thanks for memories Oregon.
Sweet, see you here! Bring your 2A votes with you! As they say at Holiday Inn, I'll leave a light on for you.

I used to consider Texas. But it is getting bluer by the minute, and I also don't like a state giving stores and restaurants the ability to legally say I can't conceal carry there. In some important ways Washington actually has better gun laws (for now) than Texas.

I believe that private business, at least in Oregon, have the legal right to refuse to serve people who legally carry a concealed firearm. I well could be wrong about other states, though.

I've seen a few signs (pre Covid) in some businesses In SE Portland to that effect.

Short of using a metal detector, I don't know how they could enforce this. I think it was more "virtue signaling" based on the business location. At least one of those businesses have added the de rigeur BLM and ".... who choose love..." signs.

Last Edited:
I believe that private business, at least in Oregon, have the legal right to refuse to serve people who legally carry a concealed firearm. I well could be wrong about other states, though.

I've seen a few signs (pre Covid) in some businesses In SE Portland to that effect.

Short of using a metal detector, I don't know how they could enforce this. I think it was more "virtue signaling" based on the business location. At least one of those businesses has added the de rigeur BLM and ".... who choose love..." signs.

I don't KNOW about if is THE WRITTEN LAW.

BUT.....it could just be a "Signaling Move" by the Business.

Remember......
That (as an example) StarBucks Employees are now allowed to wear stickers/badges to show support for BLM. The uniform code from before (BLM became a popular thing) didn't allow for "messages". The management of StarBucks wanted to stay away from controversy. They were just out to serve you a fantastic cup of coffee.

And remember this about StarBucks stance......
Yup....you have a right to CCW (if you have the papers) and Open Carry (if allowed). BUT.....we prefer that you don't while in our store. It makes others nervous.

Full disclosure....
Personally....I find BLM to be divisive to the community.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS....find out what BLM is about.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-lives-matter-releases-policy-agenda-n620966

Last Edited:
"I don't KNOW about if is THE WRITTEN LAW.

BUT.....it could just be a "Signaling Move" by the Business"

And I agree that, at least in Portland, virtue Signaling is important if not an obligation.

Am certainly no expert, but I seem to recall that the explanation I've read or heard was that the 2nd Amendment only restricted government (I know, I know) and not private business or individuals.

My choice when encountering such bias is to not patronize the establishment.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top