JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife books moves worldwide for UO, OSU, residential, and commercial. The big chunk of her outbound Oregon clients are following big tech to Texas.

TOP INBOUND STATES

1. Idaho - 70%
  2. Arizona - 64%
  3. South Carolina - 63%
  4. Tennessee - 63%
  5. North Carolina - 61%
TOP OUTBOUND STATES

1. Illinois - 69%
  2. New York - 65%
  3. California - 64%
  4. New Jersey - 64%
  5. Maryland - 61%
Gee, I wonder if their could be a clue in there somewhere. o_O

Not sure if I just missed it or not but, here is the link for those interested in the full report.

Another fun thing for movers, go to Google trends and type in words you search for. See which states have the people searching for stuff like you. I spent an entire morning doing this a while back.

I would expect that you could correlate recent election results in those states to figure out the political leanings of those that are moving. My guess would be that the people leaving the liberal states are of a more conservative mind than those that happily stay. Might be an interesting project.

Right at the headline...." You can't blame Californians for moving to Arizona. But let's hope they leave behind the progressive policies that ruined their state."

That's the problem. MOST of them bring the idiocy with them and want to infect their new locations. :confused:

Doing it to Bend. Sickening. I loved that town....

Doing it to Bend. Sickening. I loved that town....

Yup...I remember that Money magazine article way back when. By the time I was actually ready..... YES, I had to visit to find out what was the REAL buzzz.....

So I asked around....
And well, say it this way......the natives weren't happy with what the CA transplants had done.

Aloha, Mark

2nd generation native Bend Oregonian. I remember my grandparents talking smack about the Californians moving here in the 1980s and not understanding. By the time I was going to high school with a few hundred Cali transplants. I got it. There seemed to be three groups of kids with some big overlap. 1st group were generally athletes whom seemed to be the most level headed and bubblegumed the least, 2nd group were the kids with a chip on their shoulder because their parents moved them away from their friends and a big busy city into a little hick logging town in the mountains
and the 3rd group al, tried to act like gangsters. It was hilarious.
as an adult I realized it was much worse than bad attitudes and ego.
The problems I've run into with them are too numerous to list. From claiming racism because they dont get served the way they expect, to wondering why we still "allow" people to shoot guns on their own property outside city limits.
it's a virus.

ONCE upon a time California was THE destination place for folks from all over the US. Especially those from the east coast! Fast forward today and those and their descendants are infecting the places they skipped over. Since the advent of the "Mac" culture, no where is 'safe' and only has a short lived time before all of the US has been thoroughly californicated, yourked, or jersied! And don't forget we see ALOT of Oregon, Washington emigrants!

Sorry guys I'm one of those Californians who migrated North to Oregon (technically we just moved home, my wife grew up in OR). Also, we like to vote. The good news is that we are the complete opposite of what you all picture when you think of Californians. Happy to be here, but guessing this place will end up like what we just moved away from.

ONCE upon a time California was THE destination place for folks from all over the US. Especially those from the east coast! Fast forward today and those and their descendants are infecting the places they skipped over. Since the advent of the "Mac" culture, no where is 'safe' and only has a short lived time before all of the US has been thoroughly californicated, yourked, or jersied! And don't forget we see ALOT of Oregon, Washington emigrants!
I get the term Californicated, but the real issue is mis-education. Educated wrongly. It's not cold outside it's just not warm. Get enough people to believe that and now 20 degrees is no longer cold.

Move those people believing this from San Francisco to Denver, well Dallas. Hmm. Atlanta? ****. Maybe more rual people should retake the cities being vacated. Retake and re-educate.

Please don't forget the blue virus that gets transported with folks from NY, NJ and Mass, etc. All these folks know what is best for Oregonians. All we have to do is look at their distinguished politicians from the greater NY area, or NJ, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top