JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have 2 friends from California who moved here back in the 90s to escape California and now after the election one has already moved to Idaho and the other to Texas. But indeed this cancer will follow them there as well.

I believe that private business, at least in Oregon, have the legal right to refuse to serve people who legally carry a concealed firearm. I well could be wrong about other states, though.

I've seen a few signs (pre Covid) in some businesses In SE Portland to that effect.

A number of places have signs like that in Washington State, including a lot of health care facilities. However, it isn't a law like it is in Texas with the 30.06 signs. In Washington State IF the store/facility were to find you had a concealed weapon, you can be asked to leave. IF you don't leave then you could be trespassed. That's about it.

I feel the license plate doesn't necessarily mean a liberal attitude/mindset. In the cases I'm familiar with, it mostly means fleeing for a better life, not bringing the madness. Peace

I judge California plates by there driving. Most of them should go back. I brake check everyone of them I see.

I find that the Cali and NY and NJ and some from the middle Atlantic states bring their left wing culture with them for the most part. They were socialized that way, and in rare cases, do not reject the left leaning culture because their big city experience is different from ours. The left wing culture is what they know best. By example, Montana is said to be turning blue, from red.

The usual maxim here in Texas is that people pulling U-Hauls from California are welcome to bring their worldly goods as far as they like as long as they leave their Californian politics in New Mexico, which already has them.
But it may be that people are taking the Texans' advice — that we are sorting ourselves by geography and politics even more thoroughly than we had before. A Boise real-estate agent tells CNN: "I had people calling me, primarily from California and Washington, and they would say, 'I just have to get out.' We are a conservative state and people are attracted to that." In the same CNN report, newly arrived Idahoans cite disruptive protests, crime, and vagrancy — the familiar condition of big blue cities — as their motives for moving. Some cite "the political environment" specifically.

"How is it that Oregon has these BLM and Antifa problems in a Democratic State?"

In a "news" photo I saw a sign carried by one of the "protesters"/rioters saying "We don't want Biden. We want revenge."
That puts it a lot more succinctly than I could.

People who are attacking history will have to deal with their own in the future. Hope it works out well for them. Most people will have some explaining to do for something.

They look for perfect figures of the past. About as many that are in the present. None.

And that thing where people suggest they are mostly conservatives.....unfortunately that isn't always the case.
Also live in Spokane and thinking of relocating across the Idaho border. Just want out of this blue State for several reasons But the housing prices are completely out of control now with new influx of exit cities crowd. Many are cash buyers which are driving up the price. Spokane housing market also red hot, but no as bad. Talk me out of relocating across the border? Thanks.

Also live in Spokane and thinking of relocating across the Idaho border. Just want out of this blue State for several reasons But the housing prices are completely out of control now with new influx of exit cities crowd. Many are cash buyers which are driving up the price. Spokane housing market also red hot, but no as bad. Talk me out of relocating across the border? Thanks.
Can't do it! Only thing I can say is you should have left 2+ years ago. Everything is so expensive over there, that I personally can't see it for me and mine (at least right now). I liken it to stocking up on ammo currently as opposed to the last few years when it was 1/3 the price. Apples and oranges, but still.

I think we will buy a piece of recreation property a couple hours away over in to Montana or Idaho. 2nd home in a more free state sounds like a decent consolation prize.

A number of places have signs like that in Washington State, including a lot of health care facilities. However, it isn't a law like it is in Texas with the 30.06 signs. In Washington State IF the store/facility were to find you had a concealed weapon, you can be asked to leave. IF you don't leave then you could be trespassed. That's about it.
Not law but, arguably "case law" already appealed and upheld in federal district court. Don't even think it needs to be posted, if a private business owner tells you to eff off, why press the issue?

Here's a thought! The only 'locals' welcoming the emigrants are themselves recent emigrants. So they (emigrants) will cluster in enclaves wherever they invade. BUT, it was a local native who 'sold' to the noobs. Housing and land prices are what the 'market' will bear, just another tenet of capitalism. Enjoy!

How is it that Oregon has these BLM and Antifa problems in a Democratic State?

Probably.....has something to do with....
Keep_Portland_Weird.jpg
And the crowd that it attracts. Not to mention, the people who get elected there.

But truthfully.....IMHO.....WA (more like Seattle, SeaTac, Tacoma, Olympia) is not that far behind.

Aloha, Mark

Can't do it! Only thing I can say is you should have left 2+ years ago. Everything is so expensive over there, that I personally can't see it for me and mine (at least right now). I liken it to stocking up on ammo currently as opposed to the last few years when it was 1/3 the price. Apples and oranges, but still.

I think we will buy a piece of recreation property a couple hours away over in to Montana or Idaho. 2nd home in a more free state sounds like a decent consolation prize.
Thanks for the reply and hear ya loud and clear. But I can't stay under Inslee or the new administration. We are basically a communist country now. Rather have peace of mind living over there even with higher prices. Was there today and felt great walking into every store maskless. Love Spokane though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top