JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To add to that isn't it the fear of tyranny from our government that is the basis for our constitutional right to bear arms and organize in militia against them if they overstep their bounds?
Maybe...for some people....I don't own my firearms out of fear...if someone else does...then that is their business.

My point with my post which you quoted , in regards to fear , was :
Owning something for a singular reason , may limit your perspective / ideas on it and your enjoyment of it.
Andy

Maybe...for some people....I don't own my firearms out of fear...if someone else does...then that is their business.

My point with my post which you quoted , in regards to fear , was :
Owning something for a singular reason , may limit your perspective / ideas on it and your enjoyment of it.
Andy
I like that concept you stated
It can be applied to a lot of stuff. Like for example limiting your resources due to purity tests. That one little thing that somehow causes a person to not see the bigger picture and obvious benefits of compromise for the betterment of the end goal. It does sometimes limit a persons scope and usefulness. Good point.
:s0133:

I fully believe the huge majority of the new gun owners will continue to vote just the way they have been. They're not going to change their core beliefs that guns are dangerous, and should be heavily regulated. You know, because they feel they are safe with them, but most other people aren't and should be required to have FOID cards, training certificates and all manor of strict regulations that basically render firearms useless for self defense. And they are totally accepting of such regulations. As a matter of fact, there are people right here on this forum that have spoken those exact sentiments.
This!
Both sides are rotten with this type, but a good many on the "educated, progressive " side really have a gift for excusing their own departures from black and white issues of importance.
I see the same double faced treatment as sacred cow environmental behaviours. How many times have you seen some hippie spewing blue smoke out of a roached out Volkswagen bus?
Bet they still vote hardline green.

*deep, regretful sigh*
*goes back to work*

(Note: This guy didn't come in here with me, I don't know him, please don't seat him near me)
Best memories of some post adolescent house party I stumbled into long ago.
From another room somebody yelled,
"WHO BROUGHT HIM!!"

Nobody answered that question, and since we brought " HIM " , we left quietly and fast. Without "HIM".
That kid was annoying anyway.

That's a hefty amount of alarmism for an article about suburban moms saying "I don't believe in guns, I don't like them, but the world has gone crazy" as they buy a handgun they'll take shooting once and then lock up in a box on the top shelf of their closet.
Or, you know, the mercer island apartment dweller who went out and bought 2 AR's and 2 pistols because Antifa was marching through the neighborhood and their sense of safety and security was shattered.

It would surprise the heck out of me if all these new gun owners suddenly stopped voting for the gun control party. There seems to be an assumption by many here that voting against gun control legislation is voting for the 2A. But I doubt if many "progressives" actually see the 2A on the ballot. They might feel the need to own a handgun for self defense, for instance, but still feel that "reasonable, common sense" gun control measures are needed. I can see how they might want a Glock, but think there is no reason why you "need" an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine. One man's infringement is the next man's "common sense" legislation. So I wouldn't get all exited thinking all the new gun owners translate into pro-2A voters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top