JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only part that infuriates me is.. as we see with Seattle and California type transplants in red states.. they'll still vote the same idiotic ways and still contribute to the same downfall. *Edit* <— By this I dont mean a right versus left issue.. I simply mean the poor voting habits of those that voted with their feelings have created states where social policies and very poorly ran local governments have absolutely bankrupted the state they are fleeing fiscally/morally only to have those same people move to a new state with better taxes and cheaper living costs as well as sane social policies only to vote their old ways utterly tanking this new, better state they moved to. Im a libertarian and have a wide range of views. I simply meant the above as a fiscal one.. we see this with Californians all the time, I thought it would be relevant to mention.

They'll probably have the mindset that "at least I got mine" kind of thing. Where they own it.. so now they are no longer concerned with obtaining and more importantly retaining it because they don't think of such things.
I do have 3 buddies that all went out and got their AR kits. Im happy there are 3 new AR owners in the US.. they seem more inclined to take note of 2A rights now.. so perhaps there are many more like them and I can happily stand corrected.

Last Edited:
If people wait till a panic to buy a gun, they aren't going to change their ways - this is a passing fad for them and you'll see these items pop up for sale or at the next virtue signaling "buy back" event.

It's a win for the 2A no matter how pragmatic a person may be. If just a single person votes pro 2A that didn't before, that is one less that votes against it and more than we had.

NSSF estimated that 8.4 million, accounting for 40% of all firearm purchases in 2020, were first-time buyers.
If just a measly 1% changes how they vote, that is an estimated 84,000 more 2A votes, and I would say we can expect much more than that.

Don't be a little black rain cloud.

Sadly I too think a lot of them will still vote for the same morons but, I will take any "win". One thing I LOVE about this is when these people who have been hearing for years about how easy it is to buy guns run into the wall. When they suddenly find out they have been lied to all this time, can't just order up a gun online or just walk in and walk out. If even a handful start to look at the source of news and start to wonder what else have they been lying about? I will take that.

Sadly I too think a lot of them will still vote for the same morons but, I will take any "win". One thing I LOVE about this is when these people who have been hearing for years about how easy it is to buy guns run into the wall. When they suddenly find out they have been lied to all this time, can't just order up a gun online or just walk in and walk out. If even a handful start to look at the source of news and start to wonder what else have they been lying about? I will take that.
I love this! You da man! :s0023:

Good to see folks hold true to their convictions. :rolleyes:

That's my favorite part.

If people wait till a panic to buy a gun, they aren't going to change their ways - this is a passing fad for them and you'll see these items pop up for sale or at the next virtue signaling "buy back" event.
Perfect. Hopefully they come at a discounted price. Haha.

It's a win for the 2A no matter how pragmatic a person may be. If just a single person votes pro 2A that didn't before, that is one less that votes against it and more than we had.

If just a measly 1% changes how they vote, that is an estimated 84,000 more 2A votes, and I would say we can expect much more than that.

Don't be a little black rain cloud.
110% will be even more antigun when they realize they coulda got a sack of wire hangers and some matches.

If even a handful start to look at the source of news and start to wonder what else have they been lying about? I will take that.
I don't think most people are that observant. Think of the most median (average) individual that you know, and think about how you view their intellect. Then take comfort in knowing that half of the population has a lower IQ than your average bear.

Last Edited:
IMO a lot of voters are single or very limited issue voters at best. Most see the D or R and vote accordingly with very little research into said politicians views. I don't think owning a firearm changes much with most voters. Perfect example is a voter who is a gun owner but yet pro choice. Do you think that person is going to vote for a conservative that is both pro gun yet not pro choice? I sure don't.

Perfect example is a voter who is a gun owner but yet pro choice. Do you think that person is going to vote for a conservative that is both pro gun yet not pro choice? I sure don't.
Not meaning to derail the thread , cause a fuss or argue....

I am a gun owner...and pro choice...and yet I would and do, vote pro gun over pro choice , if and when it comes to it.
So if there is one ...there may be others.
Andy

I am a gun owner...and pro choice...and yet I would and do, vote pro gun over pro choice , if and when it comes to it.
Andy
So gun ownership is more important to you than the lives of the unborn? Not trying to derail or start a conflict. Simply asking? I know not everyone sees abortion the same.

So gun ownership is more important to you than the lives of the unborn? Not trying to derail or start a conflict. Simply asking? I know not everyone sees abortion the same.
If you actually want to know PM me....as that is not the topic here....
My post which you quoted was in regards to a question / assumption asked by someone else.
Andy

Andy

I may not have been clear or worded my post well. Most of these new firearm owners are not firearm enthusiasts like you and me thus firearm and firearm rights fall lower on the priority list when they vote. I don't think a staunch Dem is voting for a pro gun Republican just because they now own a firearm. You are not alone and also hope their are LOTS of others.

I may not have been clear or worded my post well. Most of these new firearm owners are not firearm enthusiasts like you and me thus firearm and firearm rights fall lower on the priority list when they vote. I don't think a staunch Dem is voting for a pro gun Republican just because they now own a firearm. You are not alone and also hope their are LOTS of others.
I fully believe the huge majority of the new gun owners will continue to vote just the way they have been. They're not going to change their core beliefs that guns are dangerous, and should be heavily regulated. You know, because they feel they are safe with them, but most other people aren't and should be required to have FOID cards, training certificates and all manor of strict regulations that basically render firearms useless for self defense. And they are totally accepting of such regulations. As a matter of fact, there are people right here on this forum that have spoken those exact sentiments.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads