JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That'd be interesting for sure! However to much of a concern for grenade factor from them...I'd wait until a gen 3 or 4...
Here is some food for thought:
kbfKR11naUY.jpg

When the PMR-30 first came out I was very intrigued! Then I started looking around at the price of 22 wmr ammo. I can reload 9mm for less than what quality 22wmr shells cost.

I would be interested in a .22tcm since it is reloadable... but the price of 22 tcm brass is quite high and I don't know if it will ever go down.

I do own a Kel-Tec P32 and it has been 100% reliable. It is small enough to carry when the LCP is just too big.

Glock was established in 1986.
Kel-Tec was established in 1991.

Just 5 years later.

Kel-Tec still makes lots of unreliable junk. The same cannot be said for Glock.

So how much longer does Kel-Tec need to make quality firearms?

I did a little more research on this. Glock was originally mass producing pistols around 1982. They established a US HQ in 1986.

Kel-Tec started mass producing pistols in 1995. So that's a 13 year split.

That being said, the Gen 3 Glocks dropped in 1998. The Gen 3's are widely considered the BEST Glocks ever made. 15 years after their 'first run".

Now Kel-Tec, 2018-1995 = 23 years. And still junk.

So the math tells me that Glock made the Gen 3 in 15 years versus the Kel-Tec still figuring out not to have exterior fasteners show on their current line-up 23 years later. And that, folks, is assuming that the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks were junk. Which they weren't. They definitely had room to grow, but they had military contracts and passed extensive torture tests while Kel-Tec was still an itch in the pants, so to speak.

Sorry to drift this thread off topic. I wasn't the one who originally compared Glock to Kel-Tec BTW. The OP did. So I figure what the hell.

"New and fresh" doesn't mean reliable. And honestly why not put a little more effort into it and hide the damn fasteners. Polymer CAN and HAS been molded as a single piece for YEARS.

:rolleyes:

I did a little more research on this. Glock was originally mass producing pistols around 1982. They established a US HQ in 1986.

Kel-Tec started mass producing pistols in 1995. So that's a 13 year split.

That being said, the Gen 3 Glocks dropped in 1998. The Gen 3's are widely considered the BEST Glocks ever made. 15 years after their 'first run".

Now Kel-Tec, 2018-1995 = 23 years. And still junk.

So the math tells me that Glock made the Gen 3 in 15 years versus the Kel-Tec still figuring out not to have exterior fasteners show on their current line-up 23 years later. And that, folks, is assuming that the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks were junk. Which they weren't. They definitely had room to grow, but they had military contracts and passed extensive torture tests while Kel-Tec was still an itch in the pants, so to speak.

And George Kellgren who has been responsible for much of Kel Tec's "innovation" was the designer of some of the other quality marvels of the mid '80's such as the Intertec open bolt KG-9, Grendel .380 and Kel-Tec P-11. So IMHO KelTec has existed longer than 23 years, just under other names that were cast aside for various reasons.

I thought this was a Shotshow thread. :rolleyes:

Here @Kruel J

A little new Glock to cool the threads tensions of Glock vs (insert anything else) :cool:

upload_2019-1-10_12-23-14.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads