JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.oregon.gov/gov/policy/Documents/019-21_turning-point.pdf

Ctrl+F "firearm" snip-it is on page 30 of the document.

tl;dr - task force for higher education groups to threat assess, closing charleston loophole, raising age to purchase 'salt weapons (undefined but lets assume 21), common sense meme.

Firearm Safety:

"In the wake of the 2015 mass shooting at Umpqua Community College, Governor Brown convened many leaders of higher education in our state to discuss next steps. A Campus Safety Work Group was formed and several recommendations were made. In her budget, Governor Brown has devoted $15 million of potential new revenue to enable institutions of higher education to create a statewide threat-assessment team mentorship program, develop and coordinate incident management teams and training, and help fund necessary improvements to campus infrastructure. School safety is critical, and so are common sense firearm safety measures to keep all Oregonians safe. It is past time in Oregon to close the Charleston loophole, and we must also ensure that the purchase age for assault weapons is raised. Though these initiatives do not require additional funding, their value to the public's safety are unquestionable."

Everything else in the 48 page PDF is also interesting to read at your behalf.

Got this from a tweet put out in reference to KB and about her plans going into 2019-2021, figured i'd share since it talks about FIREARMS.

The rest of the big take away points are:

OSP getting increased budget
Schools and kids coverage etc
State workers getting a big IT overhaul
Homeless and housing

No big shockers here. Actually, I was okay with the wording of the underlined paragraph (assuming that it meant hardening targets) right up until "common sense". They just can't seem to help themselves.

Okay, so now there's a "Charleston" loophole? And what, pray tell, would that be?

Charleston Loophole Put 2,892 Guns In Wrong Hands in 2015

"Data show that roughly 90 percent of these checks come back with an answer immediately, but the remainder are delayed so the FBI can further investigate eligibility. If three business days pass without a verdict from the FBI, licensed dealers can sell the gun anyway, unless prohibited by local law. If the background check later comes back negative, federal authorities are supposed to retrieve the weapon."

She wants >$BILLION increase in school spending, mainly to cover PERS expenses... which means no further improvement to kids' education, or improvement of facilities, and tax increases for the tax payers.

I swear to GOD, I'm leaving this state as soon as I retire!! :mad:

She wants >$BILLION increase in school spending, mainly to cover PERS expenses... which means no further improvement to kids' education, or improvement of facilities, and tax increases for the tax payers.

Take KB with you

Retire? Oh you're not gonna be able to retire. By then there'll be a stop loss extending your enlistment indefinitely...gotta keep that PERS dragon fed somehow. Work 'til ya drop my friend...government is a harsh mistress.

I wrote before 4x as many kids will die in school buses than school shootings. KB can pay $1 billion of tax payers money. With no gun industry people or firearms experts (real ones) this is just a money grab at childrens expense.

There is no real deterrence for a motivated nut job and no defense once they're on site. Maybe offer the shooter that $15 million she's stashed away.

I'm fairly certain that "Oregon Budget" is polite way of saying "Dumpster Fire". Be that as it may, the language on firearms was a bit vague and not too hostile, but I don't trust the present administration and legislature for a minute.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top