JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ran across ceasefires website and bill wrap up of the 2015 legislative session. I thought I would cut-n-paste the couple of articles that they thought would be pursued in the shorter 2016 session. It is still a few months away, but wouldn't hurt for people to maybe think about in preparation in case you end up going to a town hall, or meeting with a representative.
------------------------------------------------
SB 315Revisit in 2016 This bill originally related to used firearms transfer data. It was "gutted and stuffed" for Rep. Clem's request for short-term gun transfers.
Ceasefire Oregon position: Ceasefire Oregon supported Rep. Clem's request for short-term gun transfers.
Outcome: Ran out of time in committee but will be revisited in 2016.

SB 945Revisit in 2016 Child Access Prevention
Ceasefire Oregon position: support
Outcome: Waiting until 2016 session

HB 2915Revisit in 2016 Establishes credit against personal income taxes for purchase of qualifying gun safes
Ceasefire Oregon position: support
Outcome: Dead in House Committee on Revenue

----------------------------------------------------
My wish list?

1. Maybe getting Rep. Clem riled up about being made to look a fool by his own leadership for his vote on SB941. And get a few corrections to SB941. Mainly: fix vague wording around FFL03's and the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Also, start the conversation (I'm sure it will take more than one session) building up being able to use concealed carry permits. I know the last one is a long shot in 2016. But I think it prudent to start educating Salem to counter the gun-control lobbyists.

2. Cut and paste from the link below. I'd rather push for this as an alternative to an SB945 revisit.
SB 170WIN! Requires school districts to provide firearm safety courses.
Ceasefire Oregon position: oppose
Outcome: Dead in Senate Judiciary

Here's the complete Ceasefire list. Anything else you would like to see make a come-back?
http://www.ceasefireoregon.org/content/oregon-legislative-news

I have heard Prozanski is looking to revisit the CHL class time requirement next year, again a useless law that does nothing to stop crime and would be another feel good law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top