JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Welcome to the Target Shooter Information Program. A place where volunteers can exchange schedules, planning, discussions and reports for our Target Shooter Information Program in Yacolt Burn State Forest, in SW Washington.

Hats off to each of you for participating in this unique, one of a kind program. Your contribution to this today, is a key element in making a difference for tomorrow. We learn a little more each time we work the booth and we hope you will share your observations to help make improvements.

The primary mission of this thread is to have a 'pool' of volunteers who are interested in working the booth and to schedule days where at least two people operate the program at each setup. The secondary objective is to discuss progress, effectiveness and improvements. In addition, we appreciate efforts, suggestions and contributions from those who cannot participate in booth operations but would like to contribute in some way.

This is an ongoing program, with booths setup as often as we have volunteers to staff them, throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. Typically, we set up the booth on Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm. Sundays or weekdays are also okay. We would like to setup at least once per month. More often would be desirable, as it would reach more people.

This program, to our knowledge, is the first of its kind and we know of no other community of gun owners who are actively addressing the issues of respectful outdoor recreational shooting on public land as we are here. This is a unique opportunity to help encourage appropriate behavior and produce a positive difference for the good of our forest. It sends a positive message to the general public of the integrity of Northwest Firearms members as responsible gun owners. It also has the potential to improve the sport of Recreational Target Shooting and supports our right to shoot on public land.

Target shooting rules for Yacolt Burn State Forest:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/target-shooting-in-wa-yacolt-burn-state-forest.202977/

Special thanks of appreciation go out to our original 2014 NWFA Start Up Team members; rangerlars, ZigZagZeke, Ed Guinn, Liberty97045, ZA_Survivalist, Qjay, PDX, Peteralexander78, PotshotJim, Joe13 and doomsday. We thank you all for your help.

Cogs
Volunteer Coordinator

Last Edited:
Vancouver crowd! I need some help putting together the equipment for this booth program.

We'll need a 10x10 white canopy, an 8 foot folding table, a 6 foot folding table, an 8 foot NWFA banner, lettering for the sandwich sign "Target Shooting Information Ahead", and the Northwest Firearms Outdoor Recreational Sport Shooting brochure. (We have a member who is custom building a couple of blank white sandwich signs for this program).

I am working out details with WA DNR and we will be ready to go soon. Just need the equipment and some help to get it on the ground.

(Mt Hood booth. Desired canopy. Banner will be different)
91915-007-jpg.jpg

Thanks,

Cogs

A couple pics of last years Booth in Mt Hood. First pic, older booth style, shows a closer view of the inside. The Yacolt Burn booth will have a different banner shown in the 2nd pic. All booths will have the White Canopy.
Booth 5-16-15 2.jpg

Booth DNR May 2015.JPG

Last Edited:
We are getting closer to starting this program. Signage should be here soon. I have the NWFA booth banner (pictured above) and an 8' table (need another 6 ft folding). We also need a 10 x 10 white canopy, like the white one pictured above.

I'm looking for someone to join me with manning the booth at least once a month throughout the summer. Could be a couple of people to alternate every other month. Must be serious about helping to inform shooters of the rules and how to do things right on public land. Our reputations, our places to shoot, as well as, our rights to shoot on public land, are at stake. We will be demonstrating, to all outdoor enthusiasts, our contribution to the enhancement of recreation for all.

Would you like to be a part of this? Post here.

We now have the 10 x 10 pop-up white canopy!!! Thank you to Tim at Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products! (Also a NWFA member but hasn't posted recently). He is donating the canopy!!! Very cool!

Now all we needs are some funds to help get the NWFA Ethics/Rules brochure printed and a couple volunteers to help me out, a weekend or 2, each month. Signage is almost here! We're ready to go real soon!

Cogs

We now have the 10 x 10 pop-up white canopy!!! Thank you to Tim at Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products! (Also a NWFA member but hasn't posted recently). He is donating the canopy!!! Very cool!

Now all we needs are some funds to help get the NWFA Ethics/Rules brochure printed and a couple volunteers to help me out, a weekend or 2, each month. Signage is almost here! We're ready to go real soon!

Cogs
I picked up the canopy from Tim Miller today. This thing is sweet! Has a back wall, an Awning over the front and a banner slot for across the front face! I just might have a large sign made up on a rigid board to slide in there that says; TARGET SHOOTING INFORMATION.

The 8 foot table and NWFA banner is for Yacolt Burn Info booth, as well as, the two sandwich signs. (The smaller 6 foot table is for the Tillamook booth). On the shorter sandwich sign will be a banner that says; Target Shooting Information Ahead (and will be just down the road from the booth). On the taller sign will be another banner that says TARGET SHOOTING INFORMATION (and will sit close to the booth and next to the roadway). The flag is mine but I'm taking it to every booth setup.

We are still in need of 1 6 foot table, funds to help get the NWFA Ethics/Rules brochures printed and a couple volunteers to help me out on a weekend or 2, each month. Signage is almost here! We're ready to go real soon!

Cogs
Burn Booth 1.jpg

Burn Booth 2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads