JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, I'll be happy to make to 2017 with the guns I still already have...

Wife just finished a 4 year degree and the kid is shooting to be a Nerologist and started college this year (1 of 8:confused::eek: or 12 if I still am supporting her during her residency - maybe she will buy me some toys then:)), so the last few years have been pretty lean and it may be awhile before my financial situation changes.

IF I had no money concerns:

A .357 mag lever gun.

A .223 bolt gun.

A factory AR15.

Lofty goals I know:oops:

They seem modest enough to me. :) Education first though, when your a man.:) Your time will come! SRG

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I do still want to add a stainless 6" Ruger GP100 at some point, you know, to compliment the leeever gun ;)

That is my personal favorite handgun I own. It will be the very last (non-inherited) gun I part with if forced to do so.

I highly recommend them. The stainless 6" is what I have and wouldn't change a thing.

Number one on my list would be a model 53 or 53A Springfield bolt action 22 single shot like the one I lost. Maybe a Ruger mini Ranch in 223 / 5.56 just to say I have one. but probably not.
The 22 would make me happy though just to have it for old times sake and something to pass to one of my grandsons. Later on I may come up with something else, one can never have too many guns err toys. LOL

Wait just remembered a Quigly down under Shilo Sharps in 45-70 Government! Same reason as above. LOL

Club%20Butt%20002.JPG

I'd like a club butt fowler.

Or perhaps a Cookson fowler:

1139t-69.jpg

Note the doglocks.

Club%20Butt%20002.JPG

1139t-69.jpg

I'll probably blow my entire wad in the first part of the year on NFA items just because of the 41P rule.

I am hoping I can get a LWRC PDW SBR snagged while they are in stock at Rainer, Supposedly they are on form 2 inbound.

I would Like to find a EVO Scorpion carbine but I don't think they are on the shelf yet

I am still trying to find a RPS .308. My FFL told me he could get me one for sub $900 but to date the warehouse has never had stock. I kept figuring they have to catch up production sometime and I am in no hurry and the cash for that one has been set aside for a year now.

Really though I don't need much, which is good because its been 3 months since my shop fire and it will be 3 months more at least before I can get back to producing an income.

I'll probably blow my entire wad in the first part of the year on NFA items just because of the 41P rule.

I am hoping I can get a LWRC PDW SBR snagged while they are in stock at Rainer, Supposedly they are on form 2 inbound.

I would Like to find a EVO Scorpion carbine but I don't think they are on the shelf yet

I am still trying to find a RPS .308. My FFL told me he could get me one for sub $900 but to date the warehouse has never had stock. I kept figuring they have to catch up production sometime and I am in no hurry and the cash for that one has been set aside for a year now.

Really though I don't need much, which is good because its been 3 months since my shop fire and it will be 3 months more at least before I can get back to producing an income.

Hopefully the insurance company is taking good care of you? Have you found a new location for your business yet? Is this a chance to make some changes that benefit you (bigger space, different equipment, etc.)? And hopefully your customers will be waiting for you when you get back up and running.

Hopefully the insurance company is taking good care of you? Have you found a new location for your business yet? Is this a chance to make some changes that benefit you (bigger space, different equipment, etc.)? And hopefully your customers will be waiting for you when you get back up and running.

Well....

I really do not know anything firm yet. We just finished with inventory last week (a crew of 3-5 depending on what we where doing took 11 weeks)

It is looking like my "loss" will be in the neighborhood of $1.2-$1.4 million and the insurance will cover what they consider "actual cash value" which is about 25-30% of that. Really though until I have a check in hand I cant bank on it. I have hired a lawyer to work on my behalf, His bill is close to $50,000 that comes out of what I do get. If I get what I expect to happen it will be enough to do "something" but I wont be able to pick up where I left off with a shop full of new stuff.

All in all its not something I would recommend. I should have had a lot more insurance and I should have had other kinds of insurance (like loss of business income). Its one of those things. You never think it will happen to you.

As far as getting started over I have a few things in the works and am currently in a temp building. I think I will lose some of my clients but I cant much worry about it.

If things go real bad I may just liquidate what I have left and get a job. Or maybe I'll move to Idaho and build a little shop and try and cover expenses. I just don't know and probably wont have enough info till early summer. I am not quite old enough and a far cry from wealthy enough to retire. I have to do something.

I have given up stressing out about it, Its out of my hands. I just get up and go do something (hopefully somewhat productive) and every day get closer to an answer.

Well....

I really do not know anything firm yet. We just finished with inventory last week (a crew of 3-5 depending on what we where doing took 11 weeks)

It is looking like my "loss" will be in the neighborhood of $1.2-$1.4 million and the insurance will cover what they consider "actual cash value" which is about 25-30% of that. Really though until I have a check in hand I cant bank on it. I have hired a lawyer to work on my behalf, His bill is close to $50,000 that comes out of what I do get. If I get what I expect to happen it will be enough to do "something" but I wont be able to pick up where I left off with a shop full of new stuff.

All in all its not something I would recommend. I should have had a lot more insurance and I should have had other kinds of insurance (like loss of business income). Its one of those things. You never think it will happen to you.

As far as getting started over I have a few things in the works and am currently in a temp building. I think I will lose some of my clients but I cant much worry about it.

If things go real bad I may just liquidate what I have left and get a job. Or maybe I'll move to Idaho and build a little shop and try and cover expenses. I just don't know and probably wont have enough info till early summer. I am not quite old enough and a far cry from wealthy enough to retire. I have to do something.

I have given up stressing out about it, Its out of my hands. I just get up and go do something (hopefully somewhat productive) and every day get closer to an answer.

That really stinks. I'm sorry for your loss. I am hopeful, given your strong work ethic that you will eventually make a full recovery, regardless of where you settle down. We had a fire in our home a few years ago, not as damaging as what you experienced, but like you, we learned some lessons about what kind of coverage we had, how much work was involved in getting things back to 'normal', as well as how our insurance company handled the whole situation. It's not something I wish on anyone. Good luck to you as you move forward, and please keep us updated on how things go.

This idea has taken off, by the way: with the FV-SR rifle ordered, in-hand are the Leupold VX-1 2-7 scope, a pair of matching Leupold fixed rings and Leupold Alumna flip-up lens caps, a Boyd's walnut Rimfire Hunter stock being made, and an extra 5-rnd and one 10-rnd spare magazine also coming.

Aught to have everything here and assembled by this time next week, a quiet, very accurate .22 rifle is shaping right up. About time.

Me, too, time to get back to the basic I actually never had. My first .22 rifle was a Remington Nylon 66, never had a single-shot bolt action.

It's gonna be a Savage FV-SR topped with a Leupold VX-1 2-7 x33mm.

Have a SWR Spectre-II for the business end. :)

3882504.jpg

Well the RugerAR556 will be here on Thursday, so I am off to a good start.

Glock announced their modular optic system for the Glock 19. Nothing for mounting an RMR on the S&W M&P9c yet, so I am hedging my bets and picking up a few Glock 17 mags while I still can.

Still considering the Kahr CT380 for summer carry.

3882504.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top