Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Nov 24, 2015.
On Monday, White House press secretary Josh Earnest expressed his hope that Americans would discuss the need for gun control over Thanksgiving dinner.
“As people are sitting around the Thanksgiving table talking about these issues — as they should and I’m sure they all will across the country — I hope that is a question that will be raised and asked by members around the table,”
Boy, don't let a holiday go to waste either. Yeah, nothing will make for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner then by bringing up politically charged subjects with family you only see a few times a year. That should make for a great day of being thankful.
As for the Dems in the Senate pushing this bill, no matter what they try and pull, it still has to pass the house, and the Republicans are in control there. Thankfully, I think it's going to be a stalemate on this one. Plus, I'm seeing in the polls some indication (in part due to recent terrorist attacks), that the Dems in Congress are likely going to start losing support for more gun control. I hope this comes back to bite them...hard...in the 2016 election.
maybe its slight of hand .....dems will keep everyone busy nationally while bloomberg pulls strings from behind the curtain, state to state buying laws from crooked dems as he has done in NY, Washington & especially Oregon (flat out bought and paid for by phony emergency sessions)
its how politics are carried out in this country, sneaky, crooked kickbacks & payouts.
we better learn how to get in the mud to play today's politics to retain what rights we still have remaining
Exactly. I'm much more concerned about what will happen on the state level. This may be nothing more than a tactic to turn attention away from what their dirty little state legislatures are doing.
I think a better conversation around the dinner table is how far liberty and freedom have eroded in the past 100 years. How politicians swear an oath to the Constitution then turn right around and erode the guarantees contained within it.
Discuss the lies and misdirection of the media and identify examples of where they attempt to manipulate public opinion and do nothing to help keep our government in check.
Lastly, just pull out a copy of the US Constitution and read it out loud and discuss who is supposed to have power in this country and if we are following the dictates set forth in that document or have we morphed into something unrecognizable.
After all that, you can discuss giving up the only right which gives The People actionable recourse to protect and preserve all the other rights.
In this state the crooked dems will be emboldened, they got away clean last session, phony secret sessions on guns, stripping parents of their parental rights & many Oregonians still aren't aware of these laws, in which some Oregonians have become felons and are not even aware of it!, how could they? secret phony emergency sessions!
My opinions arent always the easiest path I am aware, I did warn you all the nra wasnt your shining knight in armour coming to save the day ......... I caution you all again......
If a smear campaign isnt started NOW against the crooked dems in this state were doomed. like it or not we need to get dirty and get with the game!
we currently have an opportunity to attack them for quietly stripping parents of their parental rights, and importing potential muslim terrorist, regardless of terrorism, we cant afford our own growing populace of poor people, let the rich muslim countries help their own.
this was posted by a woman on yahoo
Before we accept 185,000 Muslim refugees, please answer the following:
* now that we see a Muslim woman was most likely a member of the Paris attack cell, can we admit that Muslim women can be a threat, too, despite Obama's claims? Can we admit that this will be a long term battle with jihadist terrorism and innocent children grow up to be teens and 20somethings who are the likely candidates for radicalization as we saw with the Boston Bombers who grew up to blow up 4 Americans and blow the limbs off of 19 Americans?
* now that Paris discovered a Syrian connection in planning with the suicide bombers, can we cancel the relocation of Syrian Muslims to the U.S.? Now that Turkey caught 8 ISIS members trying to sneak in with the refugees with a map to Germany, can we admit that ISIS is infiltrating Syrian refugees as they boasted they are? The eight said they were tourists and had reservations at a hotel, but the hotel didn't have their reservations.
* Now that five Syrians were caught in Honduras trying to sneak in through our southern border, are you going to finally secure our border with Mexico?
* Why can't you help contribute to a tent city in a Muslim country, or create a safe haven, near their home country so when Assad is deposed and Isis defeated, they can return instead of moving to the U.S.?
* how are you going to detect if the refugees are peaceful Muslims or radical Muslims motivated to commit terrorism against the Western culture and country they hate? Will you use the same criteria you used with the Boston bombers in admitting them and their family? We saw how only a handful of Muslims could kill 3000+ Americans in a few hours on 9/11 and kill-maim 500+ innocents in Paris on 11/13.
* 25% of American Muslims said they would support violence in jihad or establishing Sharia Law in the U.S. and 1/3 of American Muslims said they would obey Sharia Law over our Constitution - how is it NOT dangerous for our national security, laws and Constitution for 30% of American Muslims to feel violence against Americans is good according to their religion?
* explain how it's beneficial to the U.S.taxpayers to support these Muslim refugees when we are cutting benefits to our own American citizens, have one out of three Americans living in a household which gets welfare, have vets dying because they can't get medical care, and provide welfare to 75% of immigrants with children who come here and add $1 trillion in debt each year
* do you think the Millennials are going to be ticked when they find out that 1/2 of their taxes are going to be needed just to pay the INTEREST on the debt you and you Congressional colleagues racked up over the past 20 years - $19 trillion worth, $10 trillion under the Obama administration and you want to go in debt more to support these refugees?
* what jobs do you have for 185,000 non-English speaking Muslim refugees without college degrees when our inner-cities have up to 50% unemployment?
* why are you going to borrow money to support these refugees when we have $127 trillion in unfunded liabilities says FORBES magazine which they predict will have a "catastrophic" effect on our economic growth: "The federal unfunded liabilities are catastrophic for future taxpayers and economic growth. At usdebtclock.org, federal unfunded liabilities are estimated at near $127 trillion, which is roughly $1.1 million per taxpayer and nearly double 2012’s total world output. To understand the magnitude of this problem, the authors note one solution that includes all the following: “raise income taxes by 17 percent, raise payroll taxes by 24 percent, cut federal purchases by 26 percent, and cut Social Security and Medicare benefits by 11 percent.” FORBES
* Please outline how you are going to pay the $127 trillion unfunded liabilities when the U.S. GDP is $18 trillion a year and you only collect $6 trillion in taxes a year and have to borrow a trillion each year? If we threw ALL of our taxes at the unfunded liabilities it would take 21 years to pay them? So, why are we adding 185,000 refugees who will need support when we are broke?
* Did you read in June, 2015, your non-partisan CBO says the U.S. is heading rapidly towards a "fiscal crisis" and your spending is "unsustainable"? So, what are you doing to fend off the impending "fiscal crisis" and how will accepting 185,000 refugees help that?
* If your CBO says your spending is "unsustainable", what are you going to cut? Please itemize the amount and where it's coming from. We know you, the Clintons, Obama, Pelosi are multi-millionaires and when our economy is ruined, you have options to travel and live elsewhere, but what do you recommend the average American do in your ruined American economy?
* Why do you allow 365,000 pregnant Mexican women to cross our border each year to give birth in an American hospital and force the American taxpayers to pay her birth costs through Medicaid? Can Americans go to Mexico and force the Mexican government to pay for their births? And once the Mexican woman has a baby in America, which we've paid their birth expenses, why can the Mexican woman stay forever with her family and go on welfare which about 80% or more with children born here do? How does open borders and Americans paying birthing and welfare expenses for illegal immigrants help reduce our deficit and debt?
* 1/3 of Mexicans - about 40 million - says Gallup polling would like to move to the U.S. Do you think we can support 30-40 million Mexicans on welfare? 100 million around the world told Gallup they would like to come to the U.S. - is this okay with you to have 140 million immigrants coming to our country, 75% who need welfare? If not, why haven't you insisted the border be secure?
* what are you going to do about increased birth tourism? An estimated 40,000 pregnant Asians-Koreans-Brazilians-Russians-Turks-Saudis-Nigerians etc. fly into the U.S. each year to give birth and gain U.S. citizenship for their new babies - now they can jump the immigration line and settle in the U.S. with their anchor baby.The Korea Times also explains that: "People in the 'industry' say the number of pregnant women from Korea who flew in to give birth quadrupled since the [Visa Waiver Program] took effect in November 2008."
"If they could afford it, all my friends would go to the United States to have their babies," one Korean woman told the Los Angeles Times. "It's easy. If you register the birth, it's automatic that your baby can get an American passport," she noted. The birth tourist also explained that Korean schools were too demanding and that it would "be a big gift for [her son] not to be burdened with military service."
* Why are you and Congresswoman Pelosi going to get about $150,000 to $225,000 yearly retirement pay from the American taxpayers when you have run up in debt the $127 trillion unfunded liabilities and almost $20 trillion in debt leading us to catastrophic conditions and a "fiscal crisis"? Pelosi's pension will be $177,000 PLUS Social Security plus subsidized health care and the average American gets $19,000 a year in retirement income and Social Security combined. Why are you and Pelosi and other long serving Senators getting 10 times what the average American gets and you are "civil servants"? Are you 10 times more valuable than us and don't you think these lavish pensions are indefensible considering your incompetence which created our horrendous debt? And you want to increase our debt to pay for these refugees? Please explain to American taxpayers why this is a good idea.
* Do you think the Millennials will be ticked with you when they find out you pre-spent their Parents' Social Security and ALL of their taxes will be needed just to pay for their folks' Social Security? And will they want their elderly parents to move in with them when their Social Security is cut?
* Bloomberg did a survey last week of economists who predict the next recession will hit in two years - what are you doing to stave off the recession? Since Obama added about $10 trillion in debt in the past 10 years during the "recovery", how are we going to get through the next recession and why are we admitting 185,000 refugees with an impending recession?
* Why should we admit these refugees when we have 46 million on food stamps, many who need jobs? What is the Obama's administration's plan to get 46 million off of food stamps and provide jobs for these folks when fewer people are working today in the U.S. than anytime since the 1970's?
* With the trials of Somali Muslim refugees in Minneapolis this month for the Somalians who tried to join ISIS, what are you going to do to ensure these 185,000 Muslims don't self-radicalize or join ISIS? And what about the baggage handler at DELTA at the Minneapolis Airport who left to join ISIS - how are you going to prevent these Muslims from not getting jobs handling baggage at U.S. airports in case they become Islamic jihadist sympathizers?
These Muslims are a triple threat: they need financial support and our country is perilously in debt so it could affect our national security and ability to fund our military says the CBO; they may be jihadist terrorists or self-radicalize when they get here and can't get a good job and hate the West; and Muslims around the world are trying to establish a Caliphate in Britain, Europe and the U.S. Muslims have about 5 children to every Westerner. Britain will be predominantly Muslim shortly - the #1 boys' baby name in Britain in 2014 was Mohammed. Only 5% population of Muslims in Britain can affect 25% of the outcome of elections in Britain.
* Please explain why these Muslims want and have to come to the West and you can't send them to wealthy Muslim countries where they will assimilate. If the wealthy Muslim countries are saying they don't want them for fears of terrorism, why should we and other Western nations?
If you cant get angry and get with the political game & defend yourselves maybe "your" just the sheeple you all talk about
In his book The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama stated of Muslim Americans, "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
What if you're sitting around the Thanksgiving table eating something you shot?
With a gun you bought before there were background checks?
I dunno 'bout the rest of ya, but that would make me EXTRA thankful.
Go suck a rock Mr Earnest.
Capitol Hill Democrats make it official: The Party of Gun Control
… If there is talk about gun control on Thanksgiving, maybe it should focus on why leading Democrats are so obsessed with the subject. What is it about the Second Amendment that so bothers the party?
They want total control and are taking it in very seemingly small portions as not to give the uninformed citizens a cause for alarm!!!!
Sneaky Bassturds they are!!!!
We tend to eventually get around to gun control during family gatherings. Let's face it, without effective gun control we'd all be worse off.
We take different stances and some seem more valid than others. For example, I like an isosceles stance while one of the son in laws tends to like a Weaver stance. Some even tend to gravitate toward a modified isoweaver. But as far as gun control, I think I've been able to persuade all in our household that it's critical for proper shot placement. There, I said it. I'm 100% for positive gun control at all times!!!
My wife and I discussed guns at Thanksgiving. We decided to go ahead with NRA Life membership offers (currently discounted), and by another firearm... still not decided exactly what however.
Thanks for the suggestion Josh! Little does he and Barry realize they are responsible for the Black Friday records in gun sales... once again proving that words matter.
Separate names with a comma.