JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ughhh yet another reason to move to idaho
Well yes and no.
Idaho has a lot of deer, cause we have a lot of good old rough terrain that they hide in. Good minerals.
Oregon has big bucks. Both states do. But Oregons fish and game setup is totally in the animals favor.
Put in for mt. Emily. Steens. Hart mt. Whitehorse units.

I second Emily mtn... the uncle in law had elk tags for that unit this year and he saw ALOT of bull elk... big bull elk. He said I wouldn't even believe it unless I saw em and he's not the type to "expand the truth"

Well yes and no.
Idaho has a lot of deer, cause we have a lot of good old rough terrain that they hide in. Good minerals.
Oregon has big bucks. Both states do. But Oregons fish and game setup is totally in the animals favor.
Put in for mt. Emily. Steens. Hart mt. Whitehorse units.
yeah ive been huntin ukiah for the last 8 years. i have had good luck. ive killed a few forkn horns and a 3point in that unit. guys in our group have harvested some big big bucks there too. but, it seems as if the deer population as a whole has declined over there as of late... mostly predation i rekon. fish and game stopped by last year to check our bear and told us 52 cats were taken out of the area we hunt within 1 sq. mile within the last 4 years. he also mentioned there are more wolves in the area now too.

I second Emily mtn... the uncle in law had elk tags for that unit this year and he saw ALOT of bull elk... big bull elk. He said I wouldn't even believe it unless I saw em and he's not the type to "expand the truth"
generally i bowhunt the oregon coast for elk. during rifle deer this year i saw the most gigantic big bubblegum bull i have ever seen. it was in ukiah... on private land behind a fence. it would have taken up a pick up bed front to back.

image.jpeg My daughter got a nice high mountain blacktail this afternoon

The Govenors tags are a raffle in most states I think. They get stupid expressive. Like the Spyder Bull shot in Utah. Google that. I think that guy paid at least $100,000 for it.
Then paid about $75,000 to Mossback outfitters. Mossback, now that's another story. They put a bounty out for whichever country boy finds that big one. Doyle Moss then pays that guy about $1,500, then Mossback has 10 of his guys surround and follow the bull until his client shoots it. I'm all for free enterprise, but that practice is stupid.

The Govenors tags are a raffle in most states I think. They get stupid expressive. Like the Spyder Bull shot in Utah. Google that. I think that guy paid at least $100,000 for it.
Then paid about $75,000 to Mossback outfitters. Mossback, now that's another story. They put a bounty out for whichever country boy finds that big one. Doyle Moss then pays that guy about $1,500, then Mossback has 10 of his guys surround and follow the bull until his client shoots it. I'm all for free enterprise, but that practice is stupid.
$100k+ to shoot something? GD.... people are dumb, and twisted. :rolleyes:
Yeah that's nuts but it's the same guys who pay $5k to get to africa to pay that kind of money to walk out and put a HUGE slug in an animal that isn't hard to stock cause the villagers track it daily
OK we derailed this thread:confused:
Hope to get a picture of a nice cow elk this week. My muzzle loader season starts wednesday

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top