JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few friends went plunking and had 10 take downs & limited by noon!!!!! I was unable to go (kicking myself in arse profusely):mad:

The rivers in Grays Harbor are on a steep rise, looks like they will be out of shape by tomorrow....

Steelheading on my favorite river and got this...... that's my buddies fish..... I'm not that ugly.......

20141218_131046(0).jpg

20141218_093202.jpg

Last Edited:
I have given up on Steelhead as all the rivers I grew up fishing on the Steelhead have gone the way of the dodo bird. Heck the count for Steelhead on the once renowned Salmon River (Mt.Hood) for 2014 from the region biologists is 6. The Salmon count wasn't much better at 500 or so. What a shame when it used to be a top Steelhead river in the state.

Fishing itself will become extinct unless they reopen all the old and build new hatcheries. There will never be a viable "so called native fish" run that is sustainable. Just population of people alone will insure that and the result of trying to make that happen will end fishing for everyone. Hatchery fish ARE native fish and the origins are the same. The only thing that makes them different is the late release of hatchery fish. Release more and earlier and they won't be distinguishable from native fish. AND stop that idiotic fin clipping BS and just accept they are all the same fish. The runs will grow and there will be more than enough fish to go back to the old limits and enough for EVERYONE. There was no fish shortage when the hatcheries were running at full speed. The runs declined when they began closing down hatcheries. The nature eco nuts be damned !
It was the Californians that moved here that fouled that up also. The native crap and the fly fishing only crap began on rivers like the Metolius and Deschutes and the fishing clubs mainly made up of out of state imported braindead enviro nut jobs. They got pizzed because they were not catching fish and the bait fisherman standing next to them limited out. It was born of Jealousy and retardation.
:s0137::s0149::s0118::s0118::s0013:

Sorry, had to do that. I love fishing and the enviro native brainwashed nutcasess are ruining it for all of us.

Last Edited:
We really put the hurtin on the coho this year. Caveman, the river where your buddy caught the coho looks familiar if that's the case it's my favorite too;)
That's a picture of me with a summer run brat on one of our op rivers what a fun weekend that was!

2014083195101415.jpg

You guys have some good steelie water up there. the regulators and de-hatchers have screwed up most of ours.
Our only salvation is our springer run. They well most likely screw that up before long too.

WDFW region 6 in Montesano is the states worst managed area. They have been in bed with the cowboys (commercial fishers) for eons and manage "paper fish" with no accountability for escapement!!!!

They know well & good how to bubblegum up a fishery, one river has a late run of steelhead (large fish 20+#) and it has had such a low amount of returning adults it is pathetic!!! And we have hounded WDFW for years and they have adopted a program that relies on conservative numbers instead of "paper fish".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top