JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My opinion is that it's critical that we understand what's coming at us so that we can prepare intelligent responses and be able to write informed letters to our representatives. However, I haven't been able to find any information on proposed legislation, drafts, schedules, or even an agenda for the upcoming session.

The legislature is scheduled to meet from February 3rd and finish up March 9th. Anyone been able to find anything?

My opinion is that it's critical that we understand what's coming at us so that we can prepare intelligent responses and be able to write informed letters to our representatives. However, I haven't been able to find any information on proposed legislation, drafts, schedules, or even an agenda for the upcoming session.

The legislature is scheduled to meet from February 3rd and finish up March 9th. Anyone been able to find anything?

You can write non stop letters all year for NO MORE INFRINGEMENT ON THE 2nd AMENDMENT in various forms. Also Jeff Kruse watches for upcoming legislation and lets folks know too. Sub to his anr OFF emails.

I appreciate the efforts on emails, I just think they don't do near as good as paper letters once did because some secretary is deleting them. I have read the responses to emails I have wrote and they are all canned responses and only a small fraction were answered......I quit writing them.

I've had mixed responses from emails. Some of the senators have actually written replied themselves. Same with phone calls. I've been surprised and had the opportunity to speak with some of our legislators on the phone. All that I have received feedback from, have indicated that the emails, letters, and phone calls matter. Even if it's to some of the bat crap crazy antis' like Ginny Burdick, the staff typically keeps track of how many pro or con communiques they receive.

Regardless of your location in the state, don't forget to write Senator Betsy Johnson ([email protected]) and thank her for her support. She broke party lines last session and was instrumental in defeating some of the proposed legislation. I'm sure she'll be facing the political pay backs from the democrats this time around. With Bloomberg money coming into play, she'll need our support more than ever.

Regardless of your location in the state, don't forget to write Senator Betsy Johnson ([email protected]) and thank her for her support.
This is worthy
It is something that I started to do with supporting the Oregon Sheriffs that said no to this all a year ago. I got actual responses back for that so I feel at this point my efforts are better spent supporting the people that are standing up to all this instead of trying to make someone see my way when they never will or even care I exist.

I've had mixed responses from emails. Some of the senators have actually written replied themselves. Same with phone calls. I've been surprised and had the opportunity to speak with some of our legislators on the phone. All that I have received feedback from, have indicated that the emails, letters, and phone calls matter. Even if it's to some of the bat crap crazy antis' like Ginny Burdick, the staff typically keeps track of how many pro or con communiques they receive.

Regardless of your location in the state, don't forget to write Senator Betsy Johnson ([email protected]) and thank her for her support. She broke party lines last session and was instrumental in defeating some of the proposed legislation. I'm sure she'll be facing the political pay backs from the democrats this time around. With Bloomberg money coming into play, she'll need our support more than ever.
+1 on writing or contacting the sensible representatives and thanking them. I was lucky enough to have my representative take me up on my offer to go to the range. It never hurts to let them know what you want and never hurts to ask.

I appreciate the efforts on emails, I just think they don't do near as good as paper letters once did because some secretary is deleting them. I have read the responses to emails I have wrote and they are all canned responses and only a small fraction were answered......I quit writing them.

NEVER NEVER QUIT WRITING THEM. They feel the jet wash.
Regardless of how they respond.
Send email, snail mails, call their local offices and their DC offices.
The one letter you dont send could be the straw that broke their backs.
Never Stop sending them.

OFF is a great resource for upcoming legislation, OFF has many people all over the capital that keep them informed. I helped review some proposed bills OFF is helping write a few months back that are a step in the right direction and you can bet that the opposition is recycling the garbage from last year as well as some cookie cutter legislation from Nanny Bloomberg.

Having worked a number of shows last year, I am amazed at the number of people that are less than willing to get involved in retaining their rights but will talk all day long about their "cold dead hands." Good on all of you for stepping up and letting your voices be heard, believe me your emails make a difference.

Bryan

OFF is a great resource for upcoming legislation, OFF has many people all over the capital that keep them informed. I helped review some proposed bills OFF is helping write a few months back that are a step in the right direction and you can bet that the opposition is recycling the garbage from last year as well as some cookie cutter legislation from Nanny Bloomberg.

Having worked a number of shows last year, I am amazed at the number of people that are less than willing to get involved in retaining their rights but will talk all day long about their "cold dead hands." Good on all of you for stepping up and letting your voices be heard, believe me your emails make a difference.

Bryan

OFF IS An OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATION.
100% Pro 2nd Amendment all the way.

I believe this is the webpage to watch.

With a short session, that's why the upcoming rally on the 19th is important. Close it down right at the start of the year.

You can subscribe to all legislative agendas and get them when they come up for scheduling.

http://www.oregonlegislature.gov/

Many come in PDF at the end of the alert emails.
Sometimes in the Body.

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORLEG/subscribers/new?preferences=true

https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/hc/en-us

From the OFF facebook page. The bloomberg money must already be in the demoKKKrats pockets,,,

Gun control bills already scheduled.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will be introducing its first gun control bill on January 17 at 3.30 PM in hearing room F at the Capitol. This is the bill we told you was coming banning private transfers and staring the registration process. The draft of the bill is number 154 and is not yet available for the public to see. Stay tuned. We will update you as soon as the draft is available.

From OFF's Facebook page:
Gun control bills already scheduled.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will be introducing its first gun control bill on January 17 at 3.30 PM in hearing room F at the Capitol. This is the bill we told you was coming banning private transfers and staring the registration process. The draft of the bill is number 154 and is not yet available for the public to see. Stay tuned. We will update you as soon as the draft is available.

Call them, write them, email them forthwith. Go the the rally on the 19th, tell them now you will be there.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153668676565463&id=290842485462

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top