JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
12th Annual, Safariland 2013 Washington State IDPA Championship

Saturday, August 17 - Sunday, August 18, 2013
Renton Fish & Game Club
13 stages, 160+ rounds (plus chrono)
Plaques for division winners, certificates for class and category winners
Guns on the prize table
$82 match fee includes Saturday lunch
Hard cap of 150 shooters

Match website (after 2/8/13): NWPPA HomePage

I've heard that someone at "the Portland match"(?) on May 12 announced that the Washington State championship match is full. It is not! There are still 30+ slots available.

Your sure there are 30+ spots open? First we were told it was full, then told it was open...

Just sent a note to the match director (I think) asking if its still open. I hope it is, I wanna shoot. If any info out there let me/us know please. Thanks...

Im in and already amped out. Check and paperwork in the mailbox. Why no online form? Oh well, Im excited. Now I just gotta get myself to calm down before match day. 2 TCGC matches to go to get the adrenalin in check. I got the shakes right now just thinkin of the damn buzzer....crap.

As of mid-July, there are fewer than fifteen slots left. Get those match entries in now!
Course of Fire "details" - round counts, notable props, shooting positions, etc. - are now posted to the Match Info page of the website.
There will be a match booklet with specific procedures and detailed stage diagrams posted to the website, but probably not before early August.

I got notification of a post to this thread, but the post isn't here?

"So Rick the detail course of fire stages are published ahead of the match so people can practice or at least anticipate the stage? Is this correct?"

To answer the question, yes, the CoF details are to allow people to anticipate what sort of shooting challenges they will face, and prepare for them if they like. Maybe it's because of the weather, but we don't often do prone shooting at our club, so people might want to practice going prone. Not many IDPA matches include a stage shot at 35 yards, so again, people might want to make sure that their gun is properly sighted-in, etc.

Stage One, Bay 1: Low cover, popper-activated lateral running target, 6 rounds.

Stage Two, Bay 1: Backing-up, low cover, steel plates, 8 rounds.

Stage Three, Bay 2: Backing-up, Drazy device, 12 rounds.

Stage Four, Bay 3: Tent, ports, 8 rounds.

Stage Five, Bay 3: Backing, swinger, strong hand, 8 rounds.

Stage Six, Bay 4: In and around car, off-the-clock Tac Load, 18 rounds.

Stage Seven, Bay 5: Leg-dropper, ramp, prone, door, steel, 17 rounds.

Stage Eight, Bay 6: Backing, strong hand, steel, 14 rounds.

Stage Nine, Bay 7: Motorcycle, low cover, swinger, drop-turner, 14 rounds.

Stage Ten, Bay 8: Strong, weak, reload, 18 rounds.

Stage Eleven, Bay 8: Bicycle, steel, 35 yards, 8 rounds.

Stage Twelve, Bay 9: Downrange runner, lateral runner, steel, pop-ups, swingers, drop-turners, kitchen sink, 16 rounds.

Stage Thirteen, Bay 10: Charging targets, head shots, pop-ups, 18 rounds

Newb question for ya. Are spectators allowed? I'd like to see a match.

Ric

Yes, come out and check it out! Its free, no charge for spectators. But remember no pictures or video allowed.

After watching you going to want to shoot. There will be a regular club match in Puyallup the next Saturday, August 24th. Newbies are totally welcome to come and shoot!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top