Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

2013 Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot May 18-19

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by drew, May 7, 2013.

1. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Looks like fun. I'll be there!

3. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

Might be able to make it this year. Finally. Can you tell me, ballpark figure of course, what an average price a vendor might charge to shoot an AK, AR, and Ma Duce? I know different vendors charge different prices, but we are just looking for a ballpark figure to get some kind of idea of the cost.

4. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

Last year +- $1 a rd for rifle

5. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

Things have changed dramatically in availability and cost of ammo since last year. I’ll bet that +- $1 a rd for rifle for has at least doubled if not more for this year.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  6. BIG_GUNNUT

BIG_GUNNUT North Central Oregon Active Member

I am going to try and keep my prices reasonable. I want people to shoot and have fun.

Dapapadon, bcdon, PDXSparky and 3 others like this.
  7. BIG_GUNNUT

It's getting closer. Good time to be had by all.:cool:

8. EdVancWA

EdVancWA vancouver wa New Member

How was the turn out today, and the prices.

9. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Hope the weather didn't dampen (heh-heh) the turnout.
    Sounds like a great time.

10. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Weather was great, the road was dry & dusty. Fewer people than last year, but I went on Sunday last year. Fewer vendors/guns too. The guy on the north end doing the $100 package deals last year wasn't there today. The Lahti & tank weren't there either. But there was a duece & a half with mounted 30 & 50 cals. I think the 30 was $1 a pop. & the 50 was $6 but not sure.

Prices were pretty good everything considered. Seemed fairly close to what I remember last year. Most stuff was $15 - 30. Some higher. I shot 2 HK51k's for $25 or 30. A couple of PPS 43s, one was $20 & the other was $15. Glock 18 was $15 I think. Shot a Bren & it was $30 or so. AK 47s were $30.

I'm planning to go back tomorrow so I shot a few of the less pricey ones. An M1 Garand for $10, never shot one & now I want one even more. Shot a Desert Eagle and another .44 Mag auto for $5 each.

The staff was a lot quicker resetting the targets during the cease fires this year. No silenced shoots after the cease fire either. So that made it even quicker.

Great event getting better!

Don

11. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

Went with my 11yo daughter, I think most pistol calibers were about $20 a mag, rifle calibers $25-$30 a mag, belts were about $50/50...and Browning 50 was $6/rd and the .30 was $1.50/rd...

Lots of AR/M16s...AKs..HKs...Stens/PPSHs/MP40s/M60/M249/1919s/Glock18/

Everyone was very friendly, no complaints..

Got my daughter on a HK MP5k...Mac 10/suppressed..and 5rds on the Browning.....F'in Priceless

12. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

Blond in camo? if so looked like she was having a blast.

13. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

Nope.....Blond, gray hoodie with pink ear pro...she says she had fun and would do it again..

14. BryanMunson

BryanMunson United States, Albany, OR Member

If you come out tomorrow swing by the OFF booth and say hi. Hopefully it won't be quite as cool but I signed up a few people and sold some hats/books-not bad for me.

15. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I took my adult son and his friend. We all had a good time. For the most part, prices were the same (or sometimes a little less) as 2 years ago. Only the 50 cal Barrett seemed more. $10 per round. I had my son and his friend shoot that.

$20 for a 30 round mag of 9mm to run thru an Uzi, M11, or MP5. $10 for a 25 round mag of 22LR thru a FA 10/22.

16. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Took my 10 year old son and he had a blast shooting full autos for the first time. Want to throw out a big thanks to Stoner Arms and JC weaponry for taking time and having patience with him.

17. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

Had a great time again this year. 10mm Sub Gun, FAL-BAR, Kriss, HK51 with a mean muzzle break, too name but a few. Only about half the vendors of the last couple of years, and I really missed there not being HK416, MP7, G36, FN F2000, P90....but my wallet was happy.

18. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

any Barret 50cals there? I wasn't able to go i had to work the weekend shift :(. i am looking for someone who has a Barret .50 cal who would rent me a few shots with them there of course. My brother is coming back home to visit from another state (not gun friendly) and has always wanted to fire a Barret .50 cal and he will be visiting on his bday so i wanted to try and find someone who would be willing to meet me there and pay for use and ammo outta the Barret for a few shots for his bday gift from me.

If anyone knows anyone who would be willing please let me know i am trying to be a good brother here lol and make up for some of the crap i did and put him through when he was younger hahaha.

thanks

JP

19. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

There were 2 of the Barret 50's there.

I son and his friend each shot it. I don't know if they hit what they were aiming for, but both had big smiles when they were done.

20. BIG_GUNNUT