JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is the parking situation for the Eagle Creek event? Specifically, I'm looking at bringing my MH and just dry camping for the night rather than heading home and coming back. Would this be possible? I just looked at a Google map of the location, but I'm not sure exactly where the event is being held at.

Edit: Is Douglas Ridge up at the end of Dale Road?

Keith

There's quite a bit of parking space and you wouldn't have any problems getting in or out but I don't think DRRC would allow non members to stay on sight overnight. It is a private range. I'll make a phone call to find out. Barton and McIver would only be a few minutes from the range.

Every year Appleseed faces a variety of obstacles; not enough ranges, not enough instructors, not enough shooters etc. Ammo is going to be a challenge this year.

I'd love to do an Appleseed, but I can't find ammo...

From what I can tell, spectators are welcome. You can at least listen to the stories and lessons. You never know, someone there might have some extra ammo they'd be willing to sell. You can register the day of the event if there is space available. I plan on bringing a couple thousand rounds of extra ammo to Eagle Creek.

Unfortunately I don't have any extra rifles this time around as they're being loaned to the two people we're bringing along.

Every year Appleseed faces a variety of obstacles; not enough ranges, not enough instructors, not enough shooters etc. Ammo is going to be a challenge this year.

Maybe some more dry fire practice and a little less shooting? Go for 200-400 rounds in the weekend instead of 300-500?

Unfortunately I couldn't get Saturday the 9th off, so I'll see all you folks there at DRRC on Sunday! I'll be the tall guy with the M1 Garand in tow. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I was just able to pick up a case of .22 CCI Tactical ammo and will be bringing it to help students that have had difficulty finding it on the store shelves.

See you all next weekend.

Thanks you for checking.

Both Barton and McIver appear to be day use only. Not sure if just parking along the park road is considered in violation of 'day use only' :) or not.

Keith

Both Barton and McIver have camping. McIver is run through the state parks system (reserveamerica.com), and Barton is a county park (Clackamas County Parks). Barton is the closest.

I have a nice Appleseed training rifle for sale in the classifieds if anyone needs one. :)

Both Barton and McIver have camping. McIver is run through the state parks system (reserveamerica.com), and Barton is a county park (Clackamas County Parks). Barton is the closest.

Yeah, I meant that it appears to be day use only at this time of year. It looks like the overnight camping isn't allowed for a few months yet. There's usually a gate that gets locked across the entrance to places like this after dark, so I'm not even sure about the possibility of just pulling in and dry camping for the night. I'll probably just bite the bullet and commandeer the wife's minivan (ugh) and make two trips.

Keith

What is the parking situation for the Eagle Creek event? Specifically, I'm looking at bringing my MH and just dry camping for the night rather than heading home and coming back. Would this be possible? I just looked at a Google map of the location, but I'm not sure exactly where the event is being held at.

Edit: Is Douglas Ridge up at the end of Dale Road?

Keith

Keith,

DRRC really isn't that far out man. I may be even further out from the place than you, and it still only takes me about an hour to get there from Tigard. Looking forward to meeting you BTW!

I'm in Scappoose, only about 20 miles north of Portland. Its not that far, sure, but the daughter would think it was cool to dry camp for the night. Me too. That's OK, I'm up for the drive x2.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top