JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the range info. I'll pass that on to the OR coordinator.

We are doing an Instructor Boot Camp next weekend where I expect updates on Seattle and Grants Pass. I'll share as soon as I know something. You can 'like' northwest region project appleseed on FB for updates directly from the NW Promo guy (George).

KC, regarding those known distance events: Is it recommended or required to have Rifleman? And would a 10-22 work at such distances or would one be looking at a beefier caliber?

Two things to work on I guess. :)

What would be recommended calibers? The centerfire rifle world is new to me and there's a myriad of rounds available. I guess 50BMG will be a financial stretch.... send my kid to college, or Rifleman? Tough one. ;)

I intend to shoot with a .223. .308 would probably be better but I don't have one of those. Appleseed allows anything up to 8mm. The M1 Garand in 30.06 is popular in the instructor circles.

There will be a few opportunities to make rifleman next month and then you can shoot the known distance event at the end of April.

Thanks, I've put in a request on who specifically to talk to about it. I'll try to PM the contact info when I've found out who.

For now, feel free to reach out to them in general here if you feel so inclined:

<broken link removed>

Or, the phone number to the main office/pro shop is here:

http://www.arpc.info/index.php

Thank you much! &#128512;&#128077;

Just before the holidays I got Mike's information from the ARPC to Prescott with Appleseed. Hopefully something will come of that.

I've been to an Appleseed in Springfield and one in Portland, both were great, definitely worth the trip. Closer to home would be nice though. I've got six new people to take to Appleseed events this year so I'm hoping ARPC will be available for some of them. The only thing I didn't like about the Springfield event is that there was a $10 per person per day range fee.

In the current climate, I guess the least "sexy" or "scary black military" caliber would be the most economically feasible.

I do not think there is a requirement the rifle be exotic. A Ruger 10/22 appears to be a very popular Liberty Training Rifle at Appleseeds.

Here is a link on their own site about how to pull one together:

<broken link removed>

Ammunition is important too:

<broken link removed>

Just added an event for Coupeville, WA Coupeville, WA Appleseed April 20-21, 2013 - Eventbrite.

This should be an extra cool event because it will take place over Patriots Weekend.

Looks like there's also one in Coeur d'Alene that weekend. Are there going to be enough instructors in the NW for that? Or the possibility of one in Oregon that weekend?

Yes, we will be staffed. There's actually more staff in the Yakima area than here in the PDX metro so they will drift down to cover Waitsburg and Coeur d'Alene. If it really becomes necessary, national will fly staff in.

I don't expect a patriots weekend shoot here in the metro area. DRRC and WMGC both had conflicts. There's a chance that Castle Rock (private land owner) may allow us to shoot that weekend or maybe Springfield/Eugene. As soon as I hear anything I'll keep you guys posted.

I do not think there is a requirement the rifle be exotic. A Ruger 10/22 appears to be a very popular Liberty Training Rifle at Appleseeds.

Here is a link on their own site about how to pull one together:

<broken link removed>

Ammunition is important too:

<broken link removed>

I know, but what I said applied to the 'known distance' shoot, which to my understanding is pretty much a full distance shoot. A 10/22 on 400 yards is probably quite a stretch. :)

I'm all signed up for Appleseed at DRRC on 2/9 and 2/10! I ordered all the parts to build my "Liberty Training Rifle" today too.

I even took the 8th off so I could go to the rally at the Capital.

It's going to be a good 3-day weekend :s0155:

I'm going to sign up for the April Coupeville event. My only .22 rifles are a bolt action Marlin with an 8 round mag or a semi-auto tube fed Marlin (can't remember the model numbers offhand), both with iron sights. Would it make sense to bring my AR or Mini-14 instead, even though ammo prices are thru the roof right now?

If the AR, I have a scope for it but haven't mounted or zeroed it yet. Is having a scope important for Appleseed?

First, hurry, that shoot is filling up fast.

Either of those Marlin's will work fine. All stages that require a mag change are done 2 and 8 meaning you put two rounds in one magazine and 8 in the other. For tube fed rifles we have you load 11 in the tube and when you get to the mag change you simply eject a live round. If you don't have a speed loader for your tube fed, swing by 7/11 and pick up a couple of slurpy straws and tape the bottom end. Bolt action is at a slight disadvantage but with practice and proper cadence it can be overcome.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151261965174427

Bring the center fire too. Maybe shoot the .22 Sat and maybe even Sun morning then switch it up Sun afternoon.

Scope or irons is your choice it's all good

couple questions:

1. How much does this cost, or do you simply sign up?
2. Is there pistol and rifle training or just rifle
B. Would an AK work for this course? (the only rifle I own)

thanks!

The fee structure varies <broken link removed> $80 + ammo to shoot both days is the highest cost.

We teach exclusively rifle marksmanship; however, many of the skills will transfer to your pistol shooting.

Any rifle that is safe to shoot (up to 8mm) is allowed on the Appleseed line. We are not equipment snobs. Bring what'cha got :s0155:

We shoot between 400 and 500 rounds in a weekend. Many instructors also have loaner rifles. If you make your need known in advance I'm sure we can come up with a rifle for you all you would have to provide is ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top