JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a link to the full schedule NW Region's 2013 Schedule (keep checking back for added events)

We are on DRRC's schedule for Feb 9 & 10 but there has been a hold up with paperwork so I'm not sure if that event is actually going to happen :(

Ariel, WA Feb 23 & 24 Ariel, WA Appleseed Feb 23-24, 2013 - Eventbrite

Vale, OR April 27 & 28 is going to be a Known Distance shoot for those who have already made rifleman and want to shoot actual distance from 100-500y. Vale, OR Appleseed Apr 27-28, 2013 - KD - Eventbrite

Yes, I'm still working with DRRC's XO to get a few more dates on the calendar there, Springfield frequently adds events throughout the year and we are working on a range in Grants Pass area that I expect to host a few events this year.

If you know of a range (or even a land owner with a good backstop) that can support at least 25m get us a contact and we will work at making it happen. Have Appleseed, will travel :D

That is also in the works. According to the northwest region project appleseed Facebook page there is a Seattle area range processing paperwork now. I'm not sure which range or what dates but will keep you all posted.

I'd really love to go to one of these.

I see the Feb. 9/10 dates aren't on the Appleseed website; does that mean it won't happen? My time starts to get limited in April and becomes more limited as the year goes on.

I'd love to sign up for that weekend if it happens.

I'm meeting with drrc staff at noon today to finalize paperwork. It should be up for registration in event bright this week.

Grants pass and Seattle are coming soon :s0155:

I'm meeting with drrc staff at noon today to finalize paperwork. It should be up for registration in event bright this week.

Grants pass and Seattle are coming soon :s0155:

Glad to hear it. I see that it's up on DRRC's calendar; I've been waiting for the stars to align to allow me to take this class :D

Which would be a more appropriate rifle to bring: a 10/22 with stock iron sights or an AR-15 with a scope and dedicated .22 upper?

IMHO, either one would be a fine choice for your first Appleseed. The AR .22 would be a hoot! Just make sure you have a solid way to mount a two point sling at the bottom of the stock on the forend. You want the sling pulling the gun directly back towards you when you are "looped up". It is really important to have at least two reliable mags for whatever you bring. Keep in mind you will be down in the prone position (a lot!) so any long extended mags that hand down will be a hindrance. In the end, bring whatever gun ya like, scoped or open and keep an open mind. You are there to HAVE FUN, improving your skills as a rifleman and learn some history.

Really the answer is bring them both. Maybe start with the Ruger and move to the AR later in the weekend.

You will learn a lot regardless of what rifle you bring. Iron sights are like learning to drive on a stick. Harder but once you learn you can drive anything.

Anybody know what needs to be done to bring an Appleseed event to ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club) just south of Albany Oregon? I would love participate in one of these but have never been able to travel to one. What's involved in bringing one local?

Edited:
PM sent to KC

Thanks, I've put in a request on who specifically to talk to about it. I'll try to PM the contact info when I've found out who.

For now, feel free to reach out to them in general here if you feel so inclined:

<broken link removed>

Or, the phone number to the main office/pro shop is here:

http://www.arpc.info/index.php

Thank you much! &#128512;&#128077;

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews