JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Wucar1vxQ

OK I know it's a movie but what the heck, what would you do to prepare for something this big.

Yawn.

Despite mis-information about the Calendars by "New Age Visionaries" with nothing but their own personal profit in mind, The Mayan Calendar has survived and is still in use today by the K'iche' (or Quiché in Spanish spelling) Maya. These are the Mayans, They DID NOT disappear. The K'iche' are still keeping the same Baktun Long Count as well as other Mayan Calendars alive since August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar. Their Baktun is set to Re-Start (the long count does not end, no Mayan Calendar ends period, they only restart) on Dec 21, 2012, Just as the Good-Marinez-Thompson Correlation does.

<broken link removed>

Oooooh, Y2K, scary...

It's a ridiculous misunderstanding of the Mayan calendar, if you have come to the conclusion that it predicts the end of the world.

I love how, somehow, there is massive plate subduction for no reason at all, resulting in waves thousands of feet high. Waves are always in a ratio of about 1:7 / height:length. So, waves that big have a pretty darn huge wavelength.

Yawn.

I think that you are taking just a fun question and trying to hard to make it something serious? I believe the point of asking a open ended question over a "movie" would just run with it and have fun!!!

How about we all give browny points to ContactPilot so he could fly us away from the wave! :s0155:

Or just stick to the Yoga!

I think that you are taking just a fun question and trying to hard to make it something serious? I believe the point of asking a open ended question over a "movie" would just run with it and have fun!!!

How about we all give browny points to ContactPilot so he could fly us away from the wave! :s0155:

Or just stick to the Yoga!

It took me a brief moment to figure out what you were saying, so I just reworded it.

"I think that you're just taking a fun question, and trying too hard to make it something serious. The whole point of asking an open ended question about a movie is to just have fun! Run with it!"

Well, there's only one answer to that...
Yes, I'm a party pooper.

It took me a brief moment to figure out what you were saying, so I just reworded it.

"I think that you're just taking a fun question, and trying too hard to make it something serious. The whole point of asking an open ended question about a movie is to just have fun! Run with it!"

Well, there's only one answer to that...
Yes, I'm a party pooper.

There you go, now you are having fun! :s0155:

My understanding is the Mayan calander ends oon December 21, 2012, but doesn't say it is the end of the world. Mostly just shows the calander needs to start over. The calander runs for about 5,012 years, and looking backwards is about a 26,000 year cycle that shows one cycle of the earths turn around the galaxy. So, it would indicate the Mayan calander would have started over before in the past.

On the other hand, I always enjoy a good "what if" type movie.

My calander ends every year shortly after Christmas. I've been through this problem 32 times in my life so far and it freaks me out every time. Anyone up to start a movie on that with me?

Last Edited:
Not to say that I believe in this stuff, but there is more evidence of something happening on that date than just the Mayan Calendar. The Chinese Book of Changes, called Ie Ching or something like that also points to that exact same date, the Hopi Indians had a story that led to catastrophy on that exact same date, the Bible Code, The Web Bot, Edgar Cayce called the Sleeping Prophet, all have predicted something big for that date. Even our own modern science has projected an event close to that date called a pole shift and a solar flare activity spike, which could be catastrophic to life on Earth. And there are more sources that point to December 21, 2012.

Like I said, I dont necessarily believe any of this myself, but it is out there for you to check out. Im more of a mind to take it all with a grain of salt, but I also believe that we should plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Not to say that I believe in this stuff, but there is more evidence of something happening on that date than just the Mayan Calendar. The Chinese Book of Changes, called Ie Ching or something like that also points to that exact same date, the Hopi Indians had a story that led to catastrophy on that exact same date, the Bible Code, The Web Bot, Edgar Cayce called the Sleeping Prophet, all have predicted something big for that date. Even our own modern science has projected an event close to that date called a pole shift and a solar flare activity spike, which could be catastrophic to life on Earth. And there are more sources that point to December 21, 2012.

Like I said, I dont necessarily believe any of this myself, but it is out there for you to check out. Im more of a mind to take it all with a grain of salt, but I also believe that we should plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Funny AND true:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17445_6-best-2012-apocalypse-theories-are-all-********.html

In order to get the link to work you will have to replace the ******** with the censored word for the stuff that comes out of the back of a bull...

Funny AND true:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17445_6-best-2012-apocalypse-theories-are-all-********.html

In order to get the link to work you will have to replace the ******** with the censored word for the stuff that comes out of the back of a bull...

I have seen people battle back and forth with these arguements on and off the internet. There are compelling ideas and speculation from both sides of the arguement. I read the article you linked, and have heard all those opinions before. But just like anything else, that article isnt addressing all the facts from each case or even all of the available sources. That article is only telling the parts of those sources that validate their ideas on why its fake. Ive seen both sides of this arguement do it over and over again.

The fact is that the many valid sources for the 2012 theory have alot of unanswered questions, and have as many reasons for it to be real than not. That is why it is so hotly debated. If you dont believe me and are interested, then do your own research on those subjects and come to your own conclusion. Dont rely on sites that claim it to be fake, or claim it to be real, because your letting someone else do your thinking for you.

The 2012 idea is alot like the Y2K fiasco, but is different in one unique way. The basis of the theory didnt come from computer geeks who thought that computers internal clocks couldnt handle turning over to 2000 thus causing all to crash and leave our civilization in chaos. The 2012 idea comes from many rich cultural histories from all over the globe, hundreds and thousands of years, and even from our own time. There is much more evidence presented in the 2012 theory, than was for Y2K, and it is anyone who wants to knows own responsibility to search those facts out for themselves.

Im not defending the 2012 doomsday idea. Like I said before, I take it with a grain of salt. But dont blindly assume that just because there is a website that says its bubblegum, that they are right.

I put the link up because I, personally, think the 2012 predictions are not true and the article was funny to me. I wasn't trying to be harsh, critical, or dump on other people's opinions... Tree (and others), you don't sound too offended, but if I did, sorry for that.

I admit that my post was off topic because the original question was, "What would you do to get ready for something like this." Not "will 2012 predictions come true".

So, to get back on the thread topic, assuming that I really believed that it was going to happen, I enjoy the life I had left, live it as God wants me to, and be ready to meet Him. So, in other words, no change! :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top