Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

2011 Washington State IDPA Championship

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by RickB, Feb 10, 2011.

1. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

10th Anniversary Washington State Championship "WASIDPAC's Greatest Hits"

Saturday, August 20 - Sunday, August 21, 2011
    Renton Fish & Game Club
    16 stages, 167 rounds (plus chrono)
    Plaques for division winners, certificates for class and category winners
    Guns on the prize table
    $75 match fee includes Saturday lunch
    Hard cap of 150 shooters

2011 Washington State IDPA Championship

2. RickB

In addition to the sixteen scored stages, we've added Back-Up Gun and rifle side stages. Thanks to SIG and Ben's Loan, you'll have a chance to compete for the state BUG championship and win the SIG P238. Surplus Ammo & Arms is providing a rifle and ammo to shoot the rifle stage, with two chances to win an Aero Precision AR upper/lower set.

3. RickB

Entry deadline is Monday, August 15th, and we're getting close to the cap of 150 entrants.

4. Poonaner

Poonaner Olympia, WA Member

How does someone (like myself) get into competitive shooting? I'm a novice at best but want to learn.

5. RickB

First, decide which shooting sport appeals to you. There are a lot of different types of competition for handgun, rifle, shotgun, or all three. If "practical" competition appeals to you - USPSA, IDPA - then go to the websites of the national headquarters to locate clubs in your area. I know that Tri-County Gun Club in the Portland area is now hosting both USPSA and IDPA matches, so look into that. A few shooting buddies and I are producing a video podcast for people who are new to, or interested in getting involved in practical competition. Episodes are devoted to how to locate a local club, rules, equipment selection, etc.
    PowerFactor Show

6. RickB

The match is full. Thanks to all who entered, and see you Saturday!