JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$6500
City
Chattaroy
State
Washington
Zip Code
This is a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta wagon. It's in great condition on the interior. The exterior shows some wear - there are some chips in the paint on the hood, the paint is flaking on the trim between the front and rear doors on the drivers side, and the front bumper cover is a bit loose from dragging on a parking stop. It comes with a full set of studded winter tires on the stock VW rims, and a set of summer tires on the BBS wheels. It gets about 31-32mpg on the winter tires and 36-37mpg on the summer tires.

The car is titled as not actual mileage, but I know it has between 90-95k miles on it. I bought the car in June 2020 with 63xxx miles on it from a guy who bought it for his fiancee, who ended up not wanting it, so he put it up for sale. I looked at the car and agreed to buy it. I did not look over the title closely enough when I bought it to catch this, but the guy I bought it from had bought it from his friend, and never registered to himself or his fiancee. When I went to register the car, the licensing department noted the mileage disclosure on the title was not signed. The guy my seller bought it from had moved across the country and I could not track him down to have him sign the title. The only option was to register it as not actual mileage. At the time, I planned to keep the car for a long time and I didn't care, so I did that.

When I bought it, the odometer worked fine. On June 15, 2020, the odometer stopped working. I did some research, found this is a fairly uncommon problem in these cars, and you have to replace the whole instrument cluster to fix it. The car's computer was still tracking service intervals and all, so I figured I could get the actual mileage reset later. I drove the car like that, stuck at 64397 miles. On October 14, 2021, the battery went dead. When I put a new battery in it, the odometer and everything in the car worked perfectly. The odometer now reads in about 75600 miles.

I bought the car originally to commute from the Seattle area to Spokane for work, until I moved here. I checked my employment schedule records and found that I made 21 trips over here between when the odometer stopped and when I moved over here in June 2021. That accounts for roughly 12000 miles. I used it for short trips around town during that time as well, so I would guess I put about 15000 miles on it while the odometer was not working. That puts the actual mileage of the car at around 90k. It could be a little more, but 95k is the absolute maximum.

I am now moving across the country. The car's value is not high enough to deal with the expense and hassle of shipping it or flying back to drive it myself, so I am selling it. I have the CarFax report showing that the car was registered with actual mileage until I bought it, and I have pictures of the odometer with time/date stamps to backup all the information I have put forward here.

The car has black leather interior (with heated seats) in really good shape, and includes WeatherTech floor mats and window channel rain guards. The one picture shows some very mild cracking in the driver's seat. I had full ceramic tint put on the whole car, including the moonroof, last summer at NWSP. The studded winter tires should still have 2-3 seasons left in them at least (I bought the tires new last winter, so they're on their second season now). The summer tires still have at least 1 year left. The BBS wheels have some mild curb rash but you have to be close to them to even see it.

Everything on the car works flawlessly and it needs nothing. I love the car and don't want to get rid of it but nothing else makes sense.

I have more pics available if anyone is interested.

tempImageVmV50U.png tempImagexo6Pkt.png tempImageXoGyYp.png tempImage3xy4Et.png tempImagekT3AjZ.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top