JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this just gun rentals or can you bring your own personal guns? I so, how hard is it to get a spot on the line? Used to come to the Albany MG shoots years ago and was wondering if things have changed.

Thanks
Have to have a table and I do believe they're all sold out, so just rentals.

Y'all find it on Facebook yet?

I emailed them but never received a response regarding our ability to bring our own weapons. Does anybody have any information on this?

Starting last year (without prior notification) event organizers started selling all the tables to "vendors". One of the vendors may let you use some of his space to shoot. Or not. Probably not since by bringing your own guns you are competing with his rental business.

Anyway the bottom line is the vendors own all the tables and line space. So if you bring your own guns or silencers expecting to use them there, you're probably wasting your time and money.

The Albany MG Shoots were originally organized to give a place and event for those owning Class 3 items to get together and shoot. The vendors renting MG's were just a sideline for some of the big Class 3 dealers. The current policy is a 180 degree change from that.

Many shooters have protested the change.

Starting last year (without prior notification) event organizers started selling all the tables to "vendors". One of the vendors may let you use some of his space to shoot. Or not. Probably not since by bringing your own guns you are competing with his rental business.

Anyway the bottom line is the vendors own all the tables and line space. So if you bring your own guns or silencers expecting to use them there, you're probably wasting your time and money.

The Albany MG Shoots were originally organized to give a place and event for those owning Class 3 items to get together and shoot. The vendors renting MG's were just a sideline for some of the big Class 3 dealers. The current policy is a 180 degree change from that.

Many shooters have protested the change.

my son and I used to go every year to the shoot when the line was open to the public and was a great social event to meet other C3 owners. I asked the same question further up the thread and got this answer.

"Have to have a table and I do believe they're all sold out, so just rentals."

Its to bad.......

The shoot IS open to the public, is a GREAT event and a lot of fun. :D

You can bring your own machine guns, just have to have a table (there is no longer "open" space on the line). Anyone can rent a table - not just vendors, but at this point in time, I do believe the tables are all sold out (dang line is only so long). The event has grown and changed over the last 21-years, and I imagine it will continue do so.

Only one more week!

Hope to see you all there.

for anybody on the fence:

I went a couple years ago, and $100 was my total budget for the day. It's about 2 hours from my house, and my brother and I carpooled.
We got there just as it was opening, and there was no crowd. We walked up and down, and looked at all the hardware. Indeed, every machine gun I could think of was represented, except a water-cooled Browning.

I got to shoot a supressed MP5, a fully supressed bolt action chambered for .50AE, a Sig/Blaser .308, an M249 SAW, a Barrett .50, and an HK G-3.

I also bought the t-shirt, some food, and had money left for a coke and a burger on the way home.

We spent the better part of the day there, and the vendors were very friendly and informative. I learned a lot about suppressors especially, everything from makes and models to accquisition and use. The Barrett was a highlight for sure, and it was neat just seeing some of the big machine guns being fired.

I couldn't have purchased a single one of those firearms for $100. If I go this year, I will shoot some of the old stuff... a Schmeisser MP40, maybe a BAR, and definitely an M14.

The education you get, complete with the opportunity to handle the rifle, see the sights, feel how it handles and work the action... worth more than what you'll spend.

Imagine, being able to drive any car, as long as you pay for the gas? That's what it's like.

Main range is closed to the public during this event. If you are an ARPC member the north bays are open, but do not bring an automatic weapon thinking you will just join in on the main range.

<broken link removed>

Check the last sentence of the second paragraph.

Imagine, being able to drive any car, as long as you pay for the gas? That's what it's like.

That is awesome :s0155:

...and the M14 is my fave!

197323931-L.jpg

Is there a schedule of events? I checked the ARPC website and could not find one. Is there a best time to be there for viewing or renting? A few of us from TCGC are going this weekend.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top