JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is from Capitol Armory's Facebook page

image_12.jpe

How many examiners do they have, and how many are done in a day. If this is true, by my calculations the current wait is close to two years?

Basically, I just pulled out of my a$$ the assumption that if they have 35 people doing these forms , and best case each person does ten a day, then that's 350 per day. 200,000 divided by 350 is 571 days. It's the science of the WAG (wild a$$ guess).

Please someone tell me they have more people and turn them out faster.

when I called, the fellow who ended up answering was a surly bastard. gave simple answers and that was it. I will assume there is only a few people there and they are getting hammered.

Yeah that site is good, but it only shows what users input, and it doesn't have any information about what the backlog is right now. Right now it shows approvals coming in that were submitted in February, so we know what was going on back then.

NFA Tracker will be really interesting in six months, to see if there are any approvals from June or July.

Last Edited:
They've been using outside contractors for a lot of the overage stuff in the last few years.

WTFH?!!! :eek:

That's just great.... some guy named Habib or Raj (making the equivalent to $3.30 a week @ Ringy-Dingy University in New Deli, India) gets your forms scanned over to him. He runs your info, pulls all your financals, sees your SSN, etc... then months later GOES SHOPPING!

o_O

America, what a country. :rolleyes:

WTFH?!!! :eek:

That's just great.... some guy named Habib or Raj (making the equivalent to $3.30 a week @ Ringy-Dingy University in New Deli, India) gets your forms scanned over to him. He runs your info, pulls all your financals, sees your SSN, etc... then months later GOES SHOPPING!

o_O

America, what a country. :rolleyes:

No. They are using temps at the NFA branch in West VA to do things like Form 2's which are really just rubber stamped anyway, answer the phone, and 5320.20's. It frees up the real examiners to process form 1's and 4's.

I had quite a talk with one a few months ago when I moved back to Washington and had a problem with one of my 5320's. They are trying to dig their way out of a hole. You'd rather they went back to 12 examiners doing everything? As bad as it still is the NFA branch is running more efficiently than it ever has, They're just swamped.

No. They are using temps at the NFA branch in West VA to do things like Form 2's which are really just rubber stamped anyway, answer the phone, and 5320.20's. It frees up the real examiners to process form 1's and 4's.

I had quite a talk with one a few months ago when I moved back to Washington and had a problem with one of my 5320's. They are trying to dig their way out of a hole. You'd rather they went back to 12 examiners doing everything? As bad as it still is the NFA branch is running more efficiently than it ever has, They're just swamped.
When you spoke to them, did they tell you how many examiners they have on Form 1 & 4, and how many they turn out in a day?

Actual examiners are around 20. The temps are freeing them up to do actual transfers. No idea how many they do a day. Remember it used to be 12 examiners up until a few years ago when waiting periods were 9-12 months and that was before buying panics and deadlines. Then again Ive had form 1's clear in 3 weeks.

I have two in the system, Checks cashed 3/09 and 3/18. I am hoping that the million form 4's that were submitted in a last ditch effort to avoid 41P do not effect stuff in process (I expect them both before Sept 1st unless things get weird.

I am glad I got my stuff done early. I made 6 NFA purchases earlier (between December and March) because I expected these kinds of problems if I waited till the last moment

The only problem with NFATracker right now is that nobody--NOBODY--knows what will be the actual effect of the 41F surge.

The Wait Time Predict says my 4-month wait for a can is about to end, but I'm concerned that there will be an all-hands-on-deck right now just to even organize the in-box that must fill a whole corner of a warehouse right now.

I just looked at silencershop and they are showing a individual form 4 is 7/15. So a year off. I cant see how that is correct when they are working on 3/16 now.

Update: After fighting a few erroneous formulas in excel, I was able to organize the last five years of data submitted to nfatracker.com to determine there have been 59 unique examiners at the ATF signing off on NFA Form 1s and 4s for the last five years. Not sure how many there are now, and the data is by no means complete. Only about 14,000 reports included an examiners name.

Last Edited:
I was so excited to get my first suppressor that I never went into the site and put in my examiner's name. I'm sure that's pretty common for other users of the site.

I sure wish that website would put out some sort of statement showing the amount of increased traffic leading up to the 41F deadline. Though, their site does not track the whole group of people getting stamps, I bet the percentages would be similar enough to get a feel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top