Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

2008 Kawsaki ZZR600

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Nwcid, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

2008 ZZR 600 this is the street version of the Ninja so has a more upright riding position. I bought this bike last spring from a dealer with 1300 miles on it. I am 35 years old and use this bike for commuting to work out of town so it does have 17,xxx miles on it now. The only reason I am looking at selling this bike is that I due to the length of my ride I should have bought a sport-touring and I can not afford both. This bike is more comfortable then the Ninja I had but still after a couple hours in the seat you know you are on a sport bike.

I have done all the maintenance on this bike and will include a copy of the log. The bike has never been laid down but one time right after I got the bike the kickstand did not lock out and the bike tipped on the left side. I have included a pic of the damage. I have more pics that I can email as well.

Specs:
    Michelin road pilot 2 rear tire, Road pilot 3 front. Rear has ~3k miles on it and got 9K out of the previous one. Front is new getting just over 10k out of previous one.
    Two Brothers M2 Carbon fiber exhaust
    FSS suspension job with new front springs last year
    Rear spools
    Bike cover
    Rear stand is NOT included, I have other bikes

I am looking for $4500 OBO. I have a clear title in hand.

I am not willing to ship, those emails will be ignored. Cash only, face to face. I am willing to truck it to meet in Spokane or Yakima (or anywhere in-between) for serious buyers fuel is not cheep.

I live in Colville, WA and travel to Yakima every week. Will work with you on meeting up to see or buy the bike. If you are on the West side we can figure something out.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more pics.

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Just get a taller windshield, bar risers and a gel seat.:thumbup:

3. Nwcid

Minor details. Or just get the right bike for the intended use :)

Or more money to have both would be even better.

4. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Just pointing out to potential buyers, this bike can be made more comfortable. I've been interested in "sport touring" out a ZZR ever since Performance Bikes did a story titled "A ZZ-R IS A BETTER TOURER THAN A BMW" (Dec '03) where they compared a ZZR to a BMW K1200GT, and the Kawasaki won.

But I hear what you are saying. I find it interesting that Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha all re-classify their previous generation Supersport as a "sport-tourer" after they come out with their new Supersport. For some reason I can't remember Suzuki doing this.

5. Nwcid

Very nice. I did not know that, good info. Thanks. It is way better then a supersport for sure, I just do too many miles.

I have a Kwai Concourse calling my name hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.