JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are forseeable possibilities that could result in localized trucking stoppages where those problems get taken care of, but it's tough to see that in a long term scenario. I think our law enforcement and national guard could provide security in a "Katrina level" breakdown in order to get down & dirty essentials like water purification chemicals trucked to where they need to be, I wonder if those contingencies are already in place. I hope so. The super-earthquake geologists are predicting for our area might be an example.

Looking at a nation-wide or even a regionally affected disaster area and things start to get a bit more bleak. People make jokes about the avian & swine flu scares from 2008/2009 because they can now that it's basically over and the two didn't merge. The fact is, it scared the crap out of the epidemiologists that were working on it and monitoring it. We dodged an enormous bullet. A flu with the mortality of avian h5n1 and the communicability of swine h1n1 would have been Hurricane Katrina on a national or global level with nobody to intervene. Going back to water purification chemicals as our example (substitute for food, medicine, whatever) if the people who make those chemicals don't show up for work, it' doesn't matter how much security you have for the transportation industry, it doesn't get delivered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top