JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well im looking into getting a new 308 battle rifle. Im only interested in new rifles. My top 3 choices are a Sig sauer 716, Keltec RFB, and a Colt SP901. I can pick up all of these for under $2000. Is there any options I should look over or any imput on these choices. The colt would be cool but I dont know if I would ever buy another 556 upper. It seems like colt will never release the magwell adaptor. Well what do you think. I was leaning toward 716 and may order tonight. hmm choices

I would save up for a little longer and get a LaRue OBR.

<broken link removed>

Then you have not only a solid Battle Rifle, but also a very good precision firearm for long distance shooting.
But that would be me...

RFB is neat and different but that usually doesn't pan out too well when 5 years later you decide to sell it. The Sig looks nice except I don't care for the short front hand-guard on it, out of those three I think I'd be favoring the Colt.

Also be inclined to agree with above on the OBR

LaRue OBR is alittle to much for me. Well there all alittle much but I want to stay under 2000. I do know alot of people love FAL but Im wanting to stay alittle newer.

I feel I really want the colt, issues that are holding me back are the magwell release for 556. You cant get them yet or at all? I cant find any info on them.

I understand the cost being a bit more, but I'll tell you what if I had to do it over again I would go with an OBR.

Of the three you listed, I would do the Sig. But I prefer Sig over Colt or Keltec. Though, the RFB is fun to shoot. I can tell you that.

I own the sig and like it, piston driven, good for running a supressor if you plan on going that route down the road and the price is right. I also own a scar 17 and love it, lighter, just as accurate as the sig ...out to 300 yards (personal opnion) and way less recoil, around $2600 at the moment. It really depends on what you want to do with the rifle. I looked at the colt and was very tempted but the sig won in the AR-10 catagory. As stated above the OBR is a awsome rifle but you pay for it.

I think thats the main thing for me the "price is right" on the SIG. I just pulled the trigger. The colt was $350 more. I felt the sig had the better quality. The RFB your right, later down the line I dont think they will hold there value. Right now there one of the hardest guns to get. I can find them but at 1750 for the RFB I think the Sig kills it. I have a sig CC gun and love it. Sig is becoming one of my favorite brands. If we get huge into this hog hunting thing a supressor would be awsome on the sig. Now the accesssories begin. I ordered 3 pmags with my order. Should be a good start.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top