JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do see the point of training and the practice of what you have learned ...after all one can not buy skill.

Training is good , but it does pay to do your research about your instructors and to make sure the training is something that you actually need and will use.

Instructors should tailor the class to the needs of their students.
Case in point...
While in the Army I was taught several different ways of clearing a room...all of which work and work well for a certain situation and place...many of those same techniques wouldn't be the best for most homeowners and where they live.
If I were to teach a class on how to clear a room ...it may include some of what I was taught and or experienced , but not all of it.

Also one should be careful to not adopt the instructors likes and dislike as your own....

By all means learn about something...but make sure that what you learn and use ...works for you and your situation.
Andy

I'd get a brake and a locking stock like a CTR. I hate stock rattling, I love the sound/feel/look of brakes. Makes the rifle much more fun and much less annoying in my eyes

Starting from total scratch with a bare bones, stock AR?

For midlength, Best deal on the forum:
@Mygrainman
OD furniture kit. I would have snapped that up the minute he posted had I not gone with all black for my midlength build.

From there Id probably hunt for an optic deal. Some quality scopes going for $120
(with rings/bases) could be lowered to $90

If an optic wasn't required, mags and ammo were already covered, Id go with a muzzle device and/or forward concussive device. Perhaps a quality FCG or some odds and ends accessory like a BAD lever (Im actually a fan of them).

Easy $200

Sure I could keep the origional furniture and just go with a decent optic or mags.. but you said to spend it.. I feel like that could maximize the personalization your stock AR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top