Oregon Rifleworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Simply Triggers
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Reactions
A 20 yr old man from Eugene, OR by the name of Ashton Isaiah Johnson, fired six shots from a handgun at his girlfriend, outside the Valley River Center Shopping Mall yesterday afternoon. A witness called police, as the woman ran inside the shopping mall, pursued by her boyfriend.

Eugene police arrested Johnson inside the mall. He was found to be in the possession of two handguns. Here is his booking photo:

shooter1.jpg

He now resides inside the Lane County Jail, and is facing several felony charges:

Eugene man, 20, arrested at Valley River Center after allegedly firing gun in dispute with woman

LuckySG

Reactions
He even ignored the warning signs at the entrance to the shopping mall, explaining that it was a gun free zone, and that firearms were strictly forbidden inside. He was the only person in the shopping mall that was armed.

View attachment 504689
I always thought the signs were specific to disparaging Beretta 92s. ;) Which is why I never owned one for carry. :rolleyes:

Reactions
okokok, guys, I used some anti-gun-political-science math and CSI logic and got this case all figured out

I looked up the mall and the river he was shooting from on google maps. velocity of a 9mm bullet is 850 mph and the earth is spinning in the *opposite* direction based on the location of the mall. At the malls latitude the earth is spinning at 770mph. So that makes the velocity of the bullets only 80 MPH.

I know what you are thinking, the mall is at a 45 degree angle to the river, so it does not exactly cancel out if he was pointing directly at the mall. I accounted for that angle using trigonometry so the max speed of the bullet is 110 MPH.

This is just over the speed of a fastball in baseball. The trajectory curve of a fastball will make it hit the ground at not more than 60 feet.

The river is well over 60 feet from the mall so NO ONE IN THE MALL WAS AT RISK AT ALL.

Even if he was close enough to hit someone they could have caught the bullets just like a catcher.

Case solved.

etrain16

Reactions
okokok, guys, I used some anti-gun-political-science math and CSI logic and got this case all figured out

I looked up the mall and the river he was shooting from on google maps. velocity of a 9mm bullet is 850 mph and the earth is spinning in the *opposite* direction based on the location of the mall. At the malls latitude the earth is spinning at 770mph. So that makes the velocity of the bullets only 80 MPH.

I know what you are thinking, the mall is at a 45 degree angle to the river, so it does not exactly cancel out if he was pointing directly at the mall. I accounted for that angle using trigonometry so the max speed of the bullet is 110 MPH.

This is just over the speed of a fastball in baseball. The trajectory curve of a fastball will make it hit the ground at not more than 60 feet.

The river is well over 60 feet from the mall so NO ONE IN THE MALL WAS AT RISK AT ALL.

Even if he was close enough to hit someone they could have caught the bullets just like a catcher.

Case solved.

Well done. But I have to ask, did you account for the inverted gravitational variables based on the shooter's and the potential victim's political affiliations?

Reactions
Well done. But I have to ask, did you account for the inverted gravitational variables based on the shooter's and the potential victim's political affiliations?

Yes, I assumed that he was a cis republican, used proper "him and her" pronouns within the last 24 hours, and wore a red hat of any type for my calculations. I have a five-sigma effect (99.99994% confidence) in my calculations.

Aero Denezol

Reactions
What is wrong with these kids, getting so serious at the age of 20? When I was 20 I wanted to drink whiskey, smoke cigarettes, and stick as many women as I could.

Let Freedom Ring
Cerberus Training Group
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Southwest Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads