JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Dad and I watched the entire event unfold live as we were already watching the news in the pre-op area of St. V's hospital as he was awaiting a procedure. Lots of confusion after the first plane hit, but when the second plane crashed, we knew then we were witnessing a world-changing event.
Knowing my Dad, it had to be tough to watch and absorb that scene, then go under anesthesia for a procedure.
I would gauge it as the most horrible event of my lifetime, certainly in terms of a malicious act carried out upon innocent people. A free people, having their freedoms used against them in an evil way. Then subsequently losing some freedoms in the process. Wheather something like the encompassing Patriot Act, or small like being able to tour inside the Bonneville Dam, everybody lost some.
I remember in the following weeks the amount of vehicles on the road with "Remember 9-11" posted in their back window, seemed like a majority of vehicles. I'm not sure we have done a good job of remembering, though there are some good reminders. Scappoose Fire Dept hangs a giant Stars and Stripes on the anniversary, I stopped last year to take a pic- smokey background and lots of action at the time, I think they were staging for wildfires. I will post the pic when I find it.

20200911_180253.jpg

I got on the bus for the 60 minute ride to work. Groggy and ready to sleep the whole trip like i usually did. Except that morning it was unusually quiet.
Upon walking through the door and checking in with my boss he asked if i knew what was going. I had no idea. He showed me.
I went to my building and got on my computer. I went to CNN as that was the website my boss had up. I watched the 2nd plane hit. Live.
I called my then girlfriend(future wife) and woke her up to tell her to watch what was going on. She was still bar-tending so mornings weren't her thing.

I knew we were forever going to be a changed nation. I just didnt know how. That was the most uneasy feeling I have ever had in my life.

For a brief moment in time this country rallied around something tragic.

Now we are more divided than ever. I fear the lesson that was taught that day was not a lasting one.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Last Edited:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/veterans.153484/post-994023
I still stand by the notion that this needs to be a Federal Holiday to Honor First Responders.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/dang-just-realized-its-9-11.337915

https://www.crisiscommunications.com/9-11-at-20-not-just-another-anniversary/

We had just completed a training op with the Army and were sent to Georgia to disperse our forces, not knowing yet what had happened or what might still, it was un nerving to witness it as it all unfolded! We watched it unfolding live from the T.O.C. In Fred's from across NATO and other places, and was watched armed alerts launch and recover for days after! It was both scary and exciting at the same time, knowing your brothers were flying over head and keeping this country safe, scary, because our brothers were flying over this country keeping use safe!
It wasn't long after that we got activated and sent to a country fee had ever heard of, a country we would be fighting in and dying in for 20 years, my self doing 30 months in Indian country, lost a lot of good dudes, but we killed O.B.L. so we got revenge, though bitter sweet!
I often wonder at the price we paid in blood and lives ruined, and I often wonder if ol'O.B.L. got the last laugh, 20 frickin years in that hole of a country, a hole that swallows empires and spits out the lifeless bodies!

But, I still have hope, that good will eventually find a path to a future where this country will no longer be threatened by the likes of a simple goat phucker from some distant sand box that takes a couple loads of phlegm to pronounce! I still hope all those thousands killed or maimed will finally see justice, and will see the butcher's bill held to full account by this country and the world!

Never Forget!
Never Forgive!

It was an inside job

..... Or was it?
Depends on what your looking for!
Look at the who in office during that event, and look at the flood of money into the vast black hole of the military industrial complex Ike warned us about, an economy built on a war footing is a powerful money generator to those in positions of power and influence! Look at the military outsourcing to private corporations, all but the actual fighting, and even then, we subsidized pretty much everything needed to sustain a war footing for 20 years! How to you rally a country behind a single idea, you attack that idea in it's home where it sleeps! This country nearly matched it's WW-II levels of involvement, and created some of the biggest monopolies ever seen! The drunken orgy of war and the politics of war is something to behold!

We were suppose to never forget. We should re-remember and unleash a torrential rain of fire on those Taliwhackers if they don't comply with releasing every last American that is still on Afghan soil.

We were suppose to never forget. We should re-remember and unleash a torrential rain of fire on those Taliwhackers if they don't comply with releasing every last American that is still on Afghan soil.
You don't think they will intentionally intermingle themselves WITH Americans specifically to avoid that? We won't bomb our own citizens to get a few terrorists. At least, I'd like to think we wouldn't. This isn't Enders game.

You don't think they will intentionally intermingle themselves WITH Americans specifically to avoid that? We won't bomb our own citizens to get a few terrorists. At least, I'd like to think we wouldn't. This isn't Enders game.
I am sure the military planners can figure out how to minimize American casualties. They can start by taking out all that equipment of ours that they are parading around. Fire up the drone factories.

9/11 is already a distant memory, the younger generation has no idea.

However, the many al-qadis we just let in under the guise of refugees will remind us sooner than later.

Last Edited:
We already had "shock and awe" and all that plus ensuing events brought about was dismal failure and loss of life on all sides.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top