National 20 year sentence for swatter hoax leading to innocent death

Reactions
Share with everyone you know. These swatting hoaxes need to be put down immediately; they are a favorite tactic of anti-gunners as well as this online gaming idiot.

20 years for man behind hoax call that led to fatal shoot

20 years for man behind hoax call that led to fatal shooting
Published: Friday, March 29, 2019 @ 12:23 PM
By: Associated Press

"WICHITA, KAN. — A California man was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison for making bogus emergency calls to authorities across the U.S., including one that led police to fatally shoot a Kansas man following a dispute between two online players over a $1.50 bet in the Call of Duty: WWII video game.

U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren sentenced Tyler R. Barriss, 26, under a deal in which he pleaded guilty in November to a total of 51 federal charges related to fake calls and threats. The plea agreement called for a sentence of at least 20 years —"

JeremyK

Reactions
The Person he meant to “SWAT” wasn’t even the person that got killed, IIRC. It was the wrong address or something and the cops say the poor guy “reached into his waistband” or something....

titsonritz

Reactions
Twenty years isnt long enough says me, he should have gotten life with out tje possibility for parole! This is a bad situation All around, an innocent man is dead, and this arsehole gets to be a ward of the state with 3 hots and a cot, cable t.v. and internet!
Too bad he didn't do his crime in Texas, they'd toast him.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom