JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Classical - Assumed it was unloaded.
I think I would agree - we need to stop calling them accidents when it appears to be negligence

My father in law ( 85) had this pistol we was showing with little concern where the muzle was pointing. What are you worried about - It is not loaded.

He was partially right - the magazine was removed - he just forgot to remove the shell int he chamber.
We need to watch our elders a little more particularly around firearms

as an 'elder' I sure resent that remark about 'We need to watch our elders a little more particularly around firearms
I see lots of bad gun handleing by people of all ages,bud,so let's not pick on us old guys for it.

as an 'elder' I sure resent that remark about 'We need to watch our elders a little more particularly around firearms
I see lots of bad gun handleing by people of all ages,bud,so let's not pick on us old guys for it.

Another member of a special interest group desiring preferential treatment.

(NOT sent from my blackberry---everytime I try to push a button, my fingers end up purple from the juice---and any spelling errors are as a result of my not being able to find my reading glasses.)

Sorry if you took offense - just working form the facts as I am presented them.
Not all elders are equal in their capacity - Fact of Life.
If you are great.
Agree - Lots of people have problems with Muzzle control ( Young middle age and elders)

I am now taking care of 2 groups of parents around 85 years of age

As children of these elders it is our responsibility to make sure they are safe. ( Protect them and Others)
I would make that remark about a gun or a car or any implement they might do people harm

In this case I am assume he believes he is doing better that he really is . He use to be more safe with firearms - But my observation and repeated comments about muzzle control makes me concerned. Attention span becomes an issue. Many times walking forward of the yellow line when line was cold. But he thinks he is fine.

I see it no different that deciding when a kid is reponsible enough to own a gun. Just reverse - when do you take them away when they are old.

So I stand by my comment -

If you care - We need to make sure our elders are safe.
Somtimes they have an over confidence of their capability.

In fact the question of when do we take the car away has now become an issue.

Sorry if you took offense - just working form the facts as I am presented them.
Not all elders are equal in their capacity - Fact of Life.
If you are great.
Agree - Lots of people have problems with Muzzle control ( Young middle age and elders)

I am now taking care of 2 groups of parents around 85 years of age

As children of these elders it is our responsibility to make sure they are safe. ( Protect them and Others)
I would make that remark about a gun or a car or any implement they might do people harm

In this case I am assume he believes he is doing better that he really is . He use to be more safe with firearms - But my observation and repeated comments about muzzle control makes me concerned. Attention span becomes an issue. Many times walking forward of the yellow line when line was cold. But he thinks he is fine.

I see it no different that deciding when a kid is reponsible enough to own a gun. Just reverse - when do you take them away when they are old.

So I stand by my comment -

If you care - We need to make sure our elders are safe.
Somtimes they have an over confidence of their capability.

In fact the question of when do we take the car away has now become an issue.

A serious question indeed,
I am glad to not have to be making such a decision...yet

Rule #1. All guns are loaded until verified by you. Ruler #2. Don't point the gun at any target you aren't willing to destroy. Rule #3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire. Rule #4. Know your target and what's beyond. Can't be repeated enough.

Classical - Assumed it was unloaded.
I think I would agree - we need to stop calling them accidents when it appears to be negligence

My father in law ( 85) had this pistol we was showing with little concern where the muzle was pointing. What are you worried about - It is not loaded.

He was partially right - the magazine was removed - he just forgot to remove the shell int he chamber.
We need to watch our elders a little more particularly around firearms

Age doesn't have a damn thing to do with fire arms safety. Although a old fart should know better.

I hate getting old, with the dementia I can't even remember you I just shot.

Age doesn't have a damn thing to do with fire arms safety. Although a old fart should know better.

I hate getting old, with the dementia I can't even remember you I just shot.

what were we discussing?. I forgot. I need to go feed my cat. (that has been dead for 6 years).
kind regards, old man parallax.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads