JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
As the title states, I am a 20 year Life Member and tableholder of the Washington Arms Collectors and have been severly wronged by the VP of WAC, Mr. John Rodabaugh, a member of the Wa. state bar, prosecuter in several jurisdictions, licensed FFL dealer as well as Vice President of WAC. I am curently barred from attending WAC shows and board meetings not to mention NICS checks, all because this thief in lawyers clothes prosecuted me for being pulled over for driving on expired tabs (of course I was NEVER charged with that offense!) The Board of WAC should be disbanded for having a POS such as him as a member! ANYONE that would like to hear more about my story is welcome to contact me thru this forum or my personal cell phone 425-335-5695

Thoroughly disgusted,
Ralph Newkirk
Life Member
NRA
WAC
Citizens Committee to keep and Bear Arms
2nd Amendment Foundation
Wa. state Hunter Safety Instructor
187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association

What does driving with expired tabs (tags?) have to do with arms collecting? No offense, but are you sure there isn't more to your expulsion? Also, lol, did you join just to post this?

This sounds like you were pulled over for expired tabs but were charged with a higher crime. They tend not to charge smaller things like expired tabs on a higher crime, like a felony.

As the title states, I am a 20 year Life Member and tableholder of the Washington Arms Collectors and have been severly wronged by the VP of WAC, Mr. John Rodabaugh, a member of the Wa. state bar, prosecuter in several jurisdictions, licensed FFL dealer as well as Vice President of WAC. I am curently barred from attending WAC shows and board meetings not to mention NICS checks, all because this thief in lawyers clothes prosecuted me for being pulled over for driving on expired tabs (of course I was NEVER charged with that offense!) The Board of WAC should be disbanded for having a POS such as him as a member! ANYONE that would like to hear more about my story is welcome to contact me thru this forum or my personal cell phone 425-335-5695

Thoroughly disgusted,
Ralph Newkirk
Life Member
NRA
WAC
Citizens Committee to keep and Bear Arms
2nd Amendment Foundation
Wa. state Hunter Safety Instructor
187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association

I have personally dealt with John on more than one occasion. In one instance, I had a silencer 'confiscated' for mere posession of the silencer by Sno Co Sheriff's. Although I can't say he was the only reason I got it back, he was definately an awesome resource to have, quick to get back to me and help even though he had no obligation to do so.

First of all, Mr. Rodabaugh does not personally drive around pulling people over as he is not a police officer. Also, I know he does work in the prosecutors office but I am not aware of him actually making decisions as to who they prosecute.

Why are we not posting the whole story? It is not fair to call someone out like this and not give the whole story. I don't buy for a minute that this is a true story. In order to be denied by NICS, one of a few things must be true. You either: A. Have a felony, B. Have a Domestic Violence charge within the last 5 years even if only a misdomeanor, or you were caught DUI or with Drugs too many times, possibly while in posession of a firearm. We all have filled out a 4473 to buy or transfer a firearm. Basically if they can construe that you are not being honest on any one of those questions, you can and will be denied.

I WILL NOT come out and call you a liar however, until you have posted the WHOLE STORY, NOT JUST YOUR SIDE.

No one is going to listen to someone whining about how they are 'all out to get you, and you did absolutely nothing wrong, honest.'

What is the big part being left out? How do expired plates have anything to do with firearms???

I have never met John Rodabaugh, but if anyone on this forum knows him they might want to let him know about this thread. Can't say for certain, but it appears the OP posted this specifically in an attempt to cause problems for Mr. Rodabaugh.

I wass charged with 3 PAGES of BS! I was convicted of several counts of possession of dangerous weapons BECAUSE my car contained several switchblades I was transporting to a show in Portland where they are legal, just not the city of Fife, Wa. where mr. rodabaugh practices being a prosecuter. The only reason I was convicted on the DW charges was in a plea bargain to get my guns back from this thief while i am in the middle of a divorce from my blushing bride of 1 1/2 yrs who also is an employee of WAC and trying to steal me blind. Mr. rodabaugh DID NOT return my property, he LIED and said the BATFE had problems with me and it took the US Observer in Oregun to get my property returned as my lawyers all wanted me to sue city hall for their return. I'd like to ppoint out that on the day mt weapons were returned to me by the BATFE the woman tha truns the property room in Fife also returned to me (1) one switchblade, stating that she knew it was an automatic knife, but the paperwork said to give it back to me, so she did. I then exited Fife, rather nervously, as i was exiting the sam way I was arreted, with a car FULL of firearms and a switchblde, the very same thing i was arrested, incarcerated and prosecuted for over 1 year previously. In answer to the next gentleman, no, i did not join just to post my complaint, i was unaware of this forum intil today and figured some of you should be forewarned about the BS running rampant at WAC! I am a longtime tableholder at the WAC shows as well as many others and some of you will know me as the Detonics guy or the Thompson guy. Like my newest favorite t-shirt says- WAC SUCKS-except Debi!

To MR bhowe and all others interested, i was also charged with possession of Marijuana at the same time, which i have a medical marijuana card for so they couldn't prosecute me for that EITHER! Mr. rodabaugh, took it upon himself to forward a copy of my card to the BATFE which in thier infinite wisdom decided that i may have my firearm rights restored after my card has been expired for 1 year. i am informed that I may enjoy my 2nd Amenment rights OR my life saving medicine, but not both, REGARDLESS of the law in the state I reside in. My story is an open book, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A LIAR and a lawyer, in a public position, no less, should be held to a higher standard, not to mention that the VP of WAC took it upon himself to wrong a LIFE MEMBER of some 20 years standing in this fashion. I wonder if maybe he isn't playing footsie (or something else) with his co-worker, my soon to be ex-wife? Before you insinuate that I am being less than honest, WHO are you, sir?

As for the whole story, how about how or why i was incarcerated for 5 days before seeing a judge? Why was I not charged with the felony they accused me of, possessing a stolen fireamr which was purchased thru a licensed dealer some 12 years previously and paid sales tax on? How much time have you got cause i'd sure like some answers I have been unable to attain as yet! I was wronged and refuse to be treated in such a manner and you ALL should be VERY interested that there are people such as this in positions of power in our community!

Ah... more of the story comes out. So you have special rights to carry around automatic knives, even in Washington where it is ILLEGAL for ANYONE, other than a police officer on duty or onhis way to work, to do so?????

And you got in trouble for the same thing a year ago as well? Or this all happened a year ago??? I wonder if your ex conspired with all of WAC to 'team up' and go against you? Maybe it is a government wide conspiracy against you. You seem like a pretty important person...I would be willing to bet this goes all the way to the top. I bet Obama's gestapo are on their way to your house right now to get you. Better close the curtains and hide. Maybe we are ALL out to get you.

Also, because you were bright enough to post your entire name, anyone can go and do a public records search and find out your true criminal history. Free of charge.

I understand... you got yourself into some trouble. Please understand though, you will not find any sympothy on this forum, as people like you tend to give the law abiding gun owners a bad name.

John is a huge advocate for gun rights. Given his track record and my own personal experience with him, I trust his judgement. Pretty obvious they are not out to take your guns, and one can only assume that if you did not have dangerous weapons (automatic knives), chances are you would not have been charged with a crime.

Once I was pulled over by WSP for no front plate on my truck. One of the first questions the officer asked me was if I had weapons in the car. Well... being that I was on my way to work at one of the coolest ranges on the Eastside, and had plans to shoot after work, I was pretty well loaded up. 2 AR's, 2 Glocks, a 9mm silencer, and probably a thousand rounds between 9mm and .223. The officer was obviously fresh out of the academy because I was honest and he freaked. Found myself in cuffs in the back of his car while multiple other officers showed up. The officer had 2 problems with me, the fact that my rifles were 'unregistered' according to him, and the 40 grain Fiocchi ballistic tip rounds I got for cost from my boss were 'only used for bad things' again according to him. Wasn't until their superior showed up that they were informed rifles in WA are not 'Registered' as handguns are, and that FMJ's are actually more effective at defeating body armor than varmint rounds are. They put my guns back in the back seat of my silverado and let me go without so much as a warning.

Maybe you were causing problems within WAC and this was just a good excuse to be rid of you. Also, expired tags is a lot different than carrying an illegal knife in Washington. Not that I agree with their law but still. Anyway...
>acting like a bubblegum
>5 posts
>all in this thread
>huge lulzy drama thread

I smell a Trollollo

This just keeps getting better and better. So now John is having an affair with your wife, and you were caught by the police with expired tabs, leading them to search your vehicle (probably due to the overwhelming Pot odor), finding illegal switchblades, and narcotics... Who is to blame? You want to smear someones good name because you think it is okay to be a gun toting stoner?

Have you ever thought about the fact that the Federal government does not recognize a Medical Card for marijuana as being legal?

Furthermore, I'm sure now that you have admitted to being a pot head, and selling guns at the WAC shows, there are a lot of people much more comfortable with you NOT at the WAC shows. 'Did I remember to unload and double check these firearms? Oh man I have no idea I am so high'

The Feds still look at Marijuana as a level 3 drug. Right up there with Cocaine and Meth. That means in their eyes what you are doing is ILLEGAL. When you fill out a 4473, one of the questions is 'are you addicted to or habitually use any illegal drug or substance?' You would have to answer Yes to this question, or lie. Now that they know this, they will not sell you a gun.

Also, there is no such thing as a "medical Marijuana Card". I know you went out and spent $200 to get a card from 'doctor' wearing skateboard shoes who says 'dude' a lot. But as per WA State Law, all it is is a recommendation that you could possibly benefit from the effects of Marijuana.

Obviously your med history is private, but perhaps you could fill us in on what your perticular 'illness' is and why you think using Marijuana can help you. Are you terminally ill and need to use Marijuana in order to combat the negative effects of Kemo Therepy in order to have an appetite? Or are you one of the thousands of people abusing the system and going to a 'pot clinic' to pay someone who is not your primary care provider to issue you a recommendation based on something rediculous like 'heatburn, or chronic pain' as it is Proven Marijuana does not actually help either of these symptoms, just so when you DO get caught with an illegal narcotic, you can 'get out of jail free' so to speak.

You have succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot who shouldn't, under ANY surcumstance, be allowed to own, or even be around firearms.

We owe a great big Thanks to Mr. Rodebaugh for helping to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

I think this guy should be reported to J. Link so they can remove him from our forum. He poses a threat to anyone trying to sell a firearm. Because of the nature of this website, and his admittance of drug usage and not being allowed to buy or own firearms for a period on 1 year from the date his pot card expires, he should not be allowed on here in the event he tries to purchase a firearm or even parts. Anyone caught selling to him could possibly be prosecuted for their actions.

And as for you Randy or 'rusty', chill out, go get some taco's from Jack in the Box and load up a phatty. Just please stay off the roads, and away from firearms while you do so.

expired tabs

What are these tabs things people keep talking about? Do you guys mean TAGS or is TABS the correct term?

Anyway, laws against smoking pot and carrying switchblades are super lame laws, but they are still laws so you can't complain to the police for busting you for it. Complain to WA legislature, take it to court, get the laws changed if you can. Also I bet WAC has good reasons for giving you the boot, just sayin. Perhaps Bhowe will post their response email.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads