JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend has a Rem ACC SD, it's a POS.
From the trigger to the stock to the finish it is far inferior to the Savage and it has required several $100 in improvements to make it shoot to an acceptable level

Don't want to be confrontational but while I have never had a bullet bounce of an elk I shot at a moose and was pretty darn sure I hit it. It was a cow moose that was bedding down. It stood up and I fired at between 200 and 250 meters. The moose walked away with no apparent injury. I found the bullet which looked like it had never been fired laying on the frozen snow where the moose was laying down. The bullet a imperial 130 grain saber tip (some kind of nylon tip on it) .270 Winchester. From a browning auto rifle which on a cold day say below -30 was nothing more than single shot. While the bullet did not bounce off it simply dropped to the ground right below where the moose was standing. Never seen anything like that or never will. What happened I do not know. But it did happen. It was pretty cold maybe -40. But I have taken lots of game in the dead of winter with that very rifle using that very same ammo.

That's very strange. I wonder what exactly happened.

My comment about the bullet bouncing off was a tongue in cheek comment about some guy that was telling some tall tales about that time. Mark W's comment was worded like the tall tales, but I knew he was not the story teller.

20" Rem700 SPS

Tula ammo. Not hand loads. They throw a massive fireball as you can see.

image.jpeg

I shoot a Savage FCP-K 308 with a 24" barrel. Last time I shot it, the first 5 shots were all touching at 100 yards. Because it's ~11lbs outfitted, it makes no sense to try to hunt with it. If I bought another 308, it would be stainless with a 20" barrel for hunting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top