WTS WA 20 gauge, 8 shot target loads ... 250 round half case

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by DLS, Aug 22, 2018.

1. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SPF

My teenage son purchased a half case (10 boxes) of 20ga shotgun loads a while ago. He went to grab a few boxes today as he was going shooting and then realized he mistakenly purchased 20ga. shells, which won't work so well with his 12ga.!

He's hoping to recoup as much as he can since, as a typical college kid, he's always short on funds. He paid $5.99 per box. He's asking $50 or best offer. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks. 20180822_170746_resized.jpg 20180822_170725_resized.jpg 20180822_170736_resized.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    Gbirk likes this.
  2. coltemp

coltemp
    Lake Stevens

Still for sale? Willing to go to Kalama for a swap or cash?
    I'll send a PM as well.

3. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

Yes still available. I'll contact my son today to see when he is available to travel. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

Still available.

5. thereddog

thereddog
    State of Jefferson

Your son could get a insert sleeve to put the 20 in the 12 pipe (if he uses a breech loader) Not sure if it would work in a semi or a pump

6. Gbirk

Gbirk
    Tigard
    Blah...Blah...Balbity...Blah. Silver Supporter

Ha! I have 6 boxes of the same stuff on my shelf from BiMart for the exact same reason. I just figured I would have to get a 20 gauge at some point.

7. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

I've seen those online, and have read the testimonials, but really can't see how the would pattern worth a darn since the insert is only a few inches longer than the shell itself. How does the wad and shot keep from rattling around as it travels down the larger barrel?

I would think velocity would suffer too. Shotguns use very fast powder so much would be burned before the wad left the end of the insert, but you now lose most of the barrel length that would normally be used to accelerate the shot.

Does anybody have any experience with these?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 9:32 AM
  8. thereddog

thereddog
    State of Jefferson

There are a couple of web based companies that make the sleeve converters .. 12 to 20 12-410 20-.22, 12-38spc etc etc. they have 8 inch rifle3d sleeves to convert scatterguns to rifles. Probably cant expect the same accuracy as a dedicated rifle, but if you wanted utility out of your shotgun, it'd give you some options you wouldn't normally have.