JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Epic! Very nice. I was unable to catch that episode, but now I want to..though I'm sure that I'm going to get pissed.

Thanks for the link, it has been forwarded.

Epic! Very nice. I was unable to catch that episode, but now I want to..though I'm sure that I'm going to get pissed.

Thanks for the link, it has been forwarded.

I knew I didn't want to catch the episode because I didn't want to spend an hour yelling at the TV and having my blood pressure go through the roof. I've seen parts since it first aired online, but I'd love to see a news show film a rebuttal - and a real experiment...

Yes, the set up was totally rigged out to make the student fail.

What and how they did this was not scientific and also skewed to an extreme level to make each person going into this set up to fail.

It's a halfmoon classroom with the arch around the professor. As the class starts a gunman (BG) enters and begins firing. The "student with a gun" is positioned right in the middle of the arch seating. Also they placed another shooter (BG) that would be to the immediate left but a few seat down of the student but if they are engaging the first shooter now becomes obscured and out of view.

The level of experience of these "students" range from very little to a year or so of "range practice."

This type of shooting scenario would be tough for any "range shooter" with just range practice - now if they had IDPA or USPSA or some other form of PPC (practical pistol competition) shooting and engaging targets.

I would of liked for them to put a seasoned close combat instructor in this scenario and see how well they would handle this just to get the other side of the equation. Yes, it's really a "no win" situation but...

I mean even a shooter with a year or more of range practice doesn't automatically become an experienced IDPA shooter. There are totally different skill sets - shooting on the move and engaging multiple targets are totally foreign to a "range shooter."

------------

On a side note: this is why I am setting up sessions for those that do carry concealed to be able to practice shooting, drawing from their concealed holster, shooting on the move and engaging multiple targets. I've carried now for more than 16 years and the vast majority of that time I have hardly ever practiced the way I carried. Only in IDPA matches or practice sessions did I ever draw and fire. Now I'm in the position and greatfully given the opportunity by Renton Fish and Game Club in Renton, WA to use the facility to do exactly this - draw and shoot on the move (not as a competition but practice).

The April 25th session is closed but if you want to know when the next one will be send me an email and I'll let you know as soon as I set it up.

Good read, the first thing i noticed after watching that is the guy shoots the teacher then the armed student. To the unknowing eye they don't even know the student was targeted like that.

Another thing I noticed about this "experiment", was that the door was left open for everyone to escape. The gunman made no attempt to try and stop people from leaving. IIRC this is contrary to what the gunmen in other mass shootings did. So much for realism

All these ridiculous one sided shows are made to do is scare the "sheeple" and it works, I just got in an argument not an hour ago with the aforementioned sheep and their whole basis was based on the stats that 20/20 spewed out. It sad...really.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top