JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

They won't be able to pass the background check to transfer the weapons,

The guns won't end up in Mexico (Fast and Furious is shut down),

They can't get magazines that hold over 10 rounds and.....

They can't use them-There isn't any ammunition available anywhere!

BTW- The dumbbubblegumes didn't have to steal them. Our gubbermint would have given them away if asked.

I want to know who footed the bill for these. Are they USG property or did the Kuwaitis own them. If the Kuwaitis owned them, then doom on them. If we did , then what the hell are they doing there not guarded?! I swear we continue to play the role of the jackass in international politics.

On a side note, that news agency lost its credibility with me
the moment they used the phrase "M16 Assault Rifles"

Perhaps that's the entire point of the story, to get that buzzword used somewhere outside the scope of the anti-gun lobby...

This sounds a bit strange if you think about the big picture. 20,000 rifles? I'm sure Abdul and Mohamed didn't just pull up in there 1982 Hyundai and sneak in and out. That is a) a lot of physical weight, b) would take up a bit of room, and c) not exactly something that can be hidden in your goat pen or held as a secret vary long while your toking up at the local Mosque. If the perps are not found fairly soon, I might suspect an inside job.

Instead of Kuwait selling the US seriously cheap gasoline (at a gigantic profit anyway) FOREVER after we saved their *sses from total extermination, we've probably been paying reparations for littering their highway, and also paid extorionary rent on the warehouse where the M-16's were kept and stolen.

I've spent more than a few years now wondering if we ever got so much as a thank you tweet.

On a side note, that news agency lost its credibility with me
the moment they used the phrase "M16 Assault Rifles"

Perhaps that's the entire point of the story, to get that buzzword used somewhere outside the scope of the anti-gun lobby...

They said Assault Rifle, not Assault Weapon. The M16 is in fact an Assault rifle. These were probably surplus military M16A2s. What's your issue with that?

why the hell were there that many rifles just lying around in the first place??? I mean are there now 20,000 unarmed troops standing around because their rifles were stolen right from under their noses?

why the hell were there that many rifles just lying around in the first place??? I mean are there now 20,000 unarmed troops standing around because their rifles were stolen right from under their noses?

No way. Our government is so wasteful they are bound to be many thousands floating around everywhere. You name it they got it. What, don't they spend like 5 gazillion dollars a year on national defense? Probably the highest one thing that money is spent on in the whole world.

Probably on route to Mexico so Holder can pin more blame on law abiding citizens.

I seriously doubt that. If the story is true those weapons will never leave the Middle East. Besides why would anyone leave weapons unsecured? That level of irresponsibility just boggles the mind. I get that mistakes happen BUT 20,000 weapons? Common!!

Hi All,
Now if you think about this 20,000 M-16 would take a Fork Truck and three Semi Trucks to move. Thats over 150,000 Pounds. Then you would have to store them in a warehouse or in trucks.
I call BBBBBBBBBBBBBB /////////// SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS on this one.
Just my $0.02 here.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews