JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With @ORYGUNHolsterCompany Pay-It-Forwarding me a buffer kit, I had an idea for a PIF Parts Exchange that I discussed with him and @Joe Link that I thought I'd put on the table and see if anybody had ideas for fleshing the idea out.

First, my own thoughts. My goal is to combine OHC's buffer kit with a few added items of my own and create an "NWFA P-I-F/Loaner Stock Assembly," something that we can loan to our new AR-builders with the stipulation that they either return the kit when they upgrade or contribute a similar kit back when they can afford it. Inspiration was a "Traveling PIF Box" we used to have on a wargaming miniatures board, where a bunch of us with big surplus stocks pitched in the starting inventory, and the only rules were that you had to report the contents of the box both as received and as leaving you for the next guy in a board post, and for each figure you took you had to replace it with one of similar rarity and size (e.g., one Rare battleship or large carrier into the box to replace one taken from it for your collection.)

Because I'm a lazy bastard, here's a direct copy-paste from the PM describing it to Joe:
You're going to laugh at this, but since another member PIF'ed me a buffer tube, spring and endplate I'm starting to consider turning it into a perpetual Official NWFA New AR Builder PIF Back-End Assembly, if you think site staff might be up for administering things when the time comes. (Idea is it's a loaner stock to get the rookie started, then when they can afford it they either remove it on upgrade or buy a similar group of parts and PIF it to the next new builder. Don't know how we'd decide who gets it, maybe ask for a post about why and the best "application" gets the PIF or something.)

My other idea was to have a monthly AR Design Challenge, where each month somebody throws up a challenge with a set of criteria (examples might include "No ITAR Restricted Parts" for somebody like @tac , or "Lightest Possible 16" Rifle," or "Home Defense Blackout Pistol") or maybe we toss challenge suggestions up in an Ideas thread and site staff pick one every month at random--something to get the creative juices flowing and think about things a little differently than we normally would.

Anyway, since I'm better at generating ideas than developing them out, I thought I'd see what the rest of the membership thought about 'em, especially the leadership team, and now I yield the floor for your thoughts.

I could toss in a set of carbine HG standard grip and adj stock if your idea takes root and becomes tradition
LET ME KNOW AND HATS OFF TO THOSE STEPPING FORWARD IN GOODWILL.KUDOS

Great work @Diamondback!

Maybe a sticky thread or complete section where each set of parts is listed as it's own thread to keep it easier to see who has what and what is currently being used or open for use. Would need a moderator for help getting the setup done if they think it's a good idea. Basic idea layout below, no particular order to parts just a general thought. Please feel free to add ideas or suggestions!:)

I.E. "loaner parts section"
- buffer assembly
- Furniture
- Lower parts
- upper parts
- Gas parts
- Barrels
- muzzle devices
- handguards
- optics/mounts
- misc

Upcoming Events