JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can name a machine shop right in Portland that makes Leupold scope parts, and tubes! But I wont! Its a secret! Their glass is of course from Japan..Some of Leupolds cheaper scopes, im sure parts are imported..

Im a Leupold fan, they have always come thru for me on their warranty! They have replaced old junk with a newer model, repaired cross hairs on 40 year old scopes the list goes on..And I can drive there and drop it off and have it back within a few days!! Local is SOOOOooooo nice!!

As for a base, go with an all steel picatinny rail type base. NO ALUMINUM!! 7mm Mag does have a little recoil.
Use Leupold steel QD rings..They are awesome rings and will repeat, if you need to remove the scope from the rail..
The all steel rail wont really add much strength to the action. But it will tie everything together, making the scope mounting that much more ridged. It would be really easy to drill out all 4 of the 6-48 mounting holes and go with 8-40 holes! You will never have any screw problems going that route!

I can drill those out and tap them for you if needed! And fairly cheap, compared to other gun smithing shops around!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top